Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X-Star L-18, 1995 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertens View Post
The Maristar or the Prostar? Any good tips for the Maristar?
The 240. Only had the boat for 2 seasons. When we got serious about boarding our Dealer at the time put us in a new 2000 X-Star. As Ace said, we were young at the time and usually more worried about the 2 legged accessories than the shape of the wake. Sorry I'm not more help, but I do have fond memories of that boat. Enjoy!
Old 04-24-2010, 03:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, 240SC, 1990, HO454 (425hp, 375???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age Fighter View Post
A friend of mine has this boat...I think his is an 89 240.

It's his first inboard. The guy that wake boards with me sometimes will often ride in this 240 and says the wake is large anyway. Has a 454 engine I think, and that struggles when the boat is loaded down.

Then again, most of these guys are young single dudes who ride bikes and boats. They usually have the two legged double ballast accessories in generous supply -- they weight the boat the old fashioned way!!!
I'm thinking he must have the standard 454 or the 350 if its a dog. I was blessed with the HO454 that, according to Indamar engine ID number check, is 425HP

It certainly is not a dog even when fully loaded.

The 240 line was way ahead of its time. The size and lines were perhaps too innovative for its time. can't wait until I get my tower on it. That will really update the look!

Later,

Matt
Old 04-24-2010, 04:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar, 240, 1989, 454
Hey Matt!

Beautiful Maristar!!! Mine is an open bow; I have to say I have not seen any early Maristar's that look as nice as yours.

My 240 was a little sluggish when fully loaded until I rebuilt the carb. Now it has all the pull and speed I need. The perfect pass use to fluctuate a lot when it was loaded, but the carb rebuild fixed that as well.

Mark
Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
If the wake is very steep you need more weight in the bow or up front.....
Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 MC X-9 350 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
I'm thinking he must have the standard 454 or the 350 if its a dog. I was blessed with the HO454 that, according to Indamar engine ID number check, is 425HP

It certainly is not a dog even when fully loaded.

The 240 line was way ahead of its time. The size and lines were perhaps too innovative for its time. can't wait until I get my tower on it. That will really update the look!

Later,

Matt
I agree it was ahead of its time. When I saw it, I thought it must be mid 90's to late 90's.
As for the performance, my friend was comparing it to my X-9 with the MCX with two people aboard -- and this 240 usually had 8-10 people aboard when he was on it. So it was NOT apples to apples.

I think it's a timeless hull.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, 240SC, 1990, HO454 (425hp, 375???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertens View Post
Hey Matt!

Beautiful Maristar!!! Mine is an open bow; I have to say I have not seen any early Maristar's that look as nice as yours.

My 240 was a little sluggish when fully loaded until I rebuilt the carb. Now it has all the pull and speed I need. The perfect pass use to fluctuate a lot when it was loaded, but the carb rebuild fixed that as well.

Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age Fighter View Post
I agree it was ahead of its time. When I saw it, I thought it must be mid 90's to late 90's.
As for the performance, my friend was comparing it to my X-9 with the MCX with two people aboard -- and this 240 usually had 8-10 people aboard when he was on it. So it was NOT apples to apples.

I think it's a timeless hull.
Thanks guys! I've spend a lot of time making and keeping it nice!

Its been a couple of years, but on 6-8 occasions I've been asked what model my "New" MasterCraft is the look is priceless when I tell them its a 1990 MC.

Pulled it out of storage this afternoon. Hooked up the hose and as soon as gas hit the carb she fired right up. Changed the oil and took these pics:

Later,

Matt
Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Currently Rinker 212 R1 w/ wakeboard package and custom upgrades
So far I am liking it! Looks great with that I hate to say it, Bu tower!

MC Fan
Current - Rinker R1

"Its easier to beg for forgivness than ask for permission"
Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Maristar 240
Maristar 240 Wake

We own a 1989 Maristar 240 and love it. We ride with no additional ballast other then a 12 pack of tall boys. Here is a picture of the wake. The 454 has a ton of power and sounds great.

Name:  DSC_1826.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  SDC19085.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  63.8 KB

Tags
1989, ballast, maristar