Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-11-2010, 11:55 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Is it tomato time yet? Let's see them gardens.

Changed up the thread title as we have moved on to bigger and better things.

Last edited by CantRepeat; 05-23-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Maristar View Post
What's your time line look like?
Not yet, I don't plant till the last weekend in April or the first weekend in May just to be sure we get past the last deep frost. I've got the ground fertilized and limed already and waiting for the rains to soak it in.
As per the last couple years and with the grandbaby eating most of the tomatoes, I'm just doing it mostly for her. I can't have but small infrequent amounts of tomatoes anymore because they are extremely high in Potassiun and are not allowed in my diet due to my kidney failure and dialysis.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 03-11-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1 View Post
Not yet, I don't plant till the last weekend in April or the first weekend in May just to be sure we get past the last deep frost. I've got the ground fertilized and limed already and waiting for the rains to soak it in.
As per the last couple years and with the grandbaby eating most of the tomatoes, I'm just doing it mostly for her. I can't have but small infrequent amounts of tomatoes anymore because they are extremely high in Potassiun and are not allowed in my diet due to my kidney failure and dialysis.
My garden is usually pretty popular with the friends, relatives and neighbors. I plant 2 plants of "Grape Tomatoes" and the two plants produce hundreds, if not thousands of them. They are small and very sweet. With support, these plants were over 7 ft. tall last two years. Your grandaughter might just love them, I know my neices do. I take them about 100 a week and their mom puts them in their school lunches each day. They never seem to get tired of them. Don't get the "Cherry Tomatoes" and think they will be as good or as sweet, larger but not as good. I'm inspired and home w/ my son today (Spring Break), I think we will go prep. the garden for planting. Here in CO we are at least 5 weeks from planting, snowed yesterday.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-2 MCX
Quote:
i'm sorry to hear this. are you doing okay?

2003 X-2 MCX
Old 03-11-2010, 02:58 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
My garden is usually pretty popular with the friends, relatives and neighbors. I plant 2 plants of "Grape Tomatoes" and the two plants produce hundreds, if not thousands of them. They are small and very sweet. With support, these plants were over 7 ft. tall last two years. Your grandaughter might just love them, I know my neices do. I take them about 100 a week and their mom puts them in their school lunches each day. They never seem to get tired of them. Don't get the "Cherry Tomatoes" and think they will be as good or as sweet, larger but not as good. I'm inspired and home w/ my son today (Spring Break), I think we will go prep. the garden for planting. Here in CO we are at least 5 weeks from planting, snowed yesterday.

My and Maddie's production for the last tow years has been around 150 tomatoes from two Big Beef plants, but last year we hung a bag with 5 cherry/grape tomato plants in it off the backyard swing and we got 400 grape/cherry tomatoes from it. Maddie has some type of tomato for about every meal and even snacks on them after school, beats anything we've ever seen.

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
i'm sorry to hear this. are you doing okay?

I'm OK, but I have had to cut out soooooo much of the good food from my diet that effect my kidneys that has salt, protein, potassium, phosphorus in it to get/keep everything stable and till I can get on dialysis. After dialysis starts, the diet can be relaxed some. My portion size has also been reduced by about 2/3 too, but you have to do what your told. I have to eat 3 small complete meals a day in order for the medications to work and keep the kidneys and dialysis in balance.
It's been a lot to absorb, learn and understand, but I'm getting there and Lynn is learning too with me. Our week long/all day classes on learning how to take care of my Teenkoff Catheter in my abdomen and the operation of the Cycler for the Peritoneal Dialysis I will do for 10 hours each night starts Monday, then I'm on it till...............?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-2 MCX
ugh. i wish you the best with all of that. at least it sounds like some of the diet restrictions will loosen up once you've been on dialysis for a bit. i couldn't imagine. any chance of a transplant? happy thoughts here for you harold. hang in there! everybody's got something

2003 X-2 MCX
Old 03-11-2010, 03:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
I'm OK, but I have had to cut out soooooo much of the good food from my diet that effect my kidneys that has salt, protein, potassium, phosphorus in it to get/keep everything stable and till I can get on dialysis. After dialysis starts, the diet can be relaxed some. My portion size has also been reduced by about 2/3 too, but you have to do what your told. I have to eat 3 small complete meals a day in order for the medications to work and keep the kidneys and dialysis in balance.
It's been a lot to absorb, learn and understand, but I'm getting there and Lynn is learning too with me. Our week long/all day classes on learning how to take care of my Teenkoff Catheter in my abdomen and the operation of the Cycler for the Peritoneal Dialysis I will do for 10 hours each night starts Monday, then I'm on it till...............?
Wow, thats a lot to pronounce! You sure ended up with some hoops to jump through but it beats the alternative. Keep going at it, we're all with you.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-11-2010, 04:57 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
ugh. i wish you the best with all of that. at least it sounds like some of the diet restrictions will loosen up once you've been on dialysis for a bit. i couldn't imagine. any chance of a transplant? happy thoughts here for you harold. hang in there! everybody's got something

In the next few weeks I'll be interviewed/evaluated/tested and possibly put on the long list for a transplant as all AKD patients are and if it would happen and it's not rejected and I take care of myself, it will be good for about 10 years. That would put me past the age of 72, which is the age limit for transplants, then I would go back on dialysis for the duration of my life.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Serious thing to deal with, but you are paying attention. We all wish you the best and as with anything keep a positive attitude, it does help. Too many people want to pretend it isn't there, so I am glad you are educating yourself and doing the right things for you and your family.