Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM
glassmaster

87' Prostar 190 Power Slot Restoration

This is a 1987 Prostar 190 Power Slot I bought for $300.00, just a couple of weeks ago. I am almost embarrassed to even post these pics on here. All I can say is," I didn't do it." I am just trying to be its saving grace.

I have never owned a MasterCraft before but have always wanted one and I could not pass it up for the price. I know I have a lot of work ahead of me but I have restored many other things just not a ski boat.

If anyone can point me in a direction of where I can find a port side wing window and where I can get the weather stripping at. I think that is the only thing that I can't find the rest of the boat is pretty much there just in need of some work.

I talked to a guy that has restored boat finishes for years at MasterCraft in Orlando and he said that he can make this thing shine like new again. Any suggestions?

Also should I remove the top cap of the boat to replace carpet or do I have to? Common sense tells me that It would be easier for carpeting, but I don't know if it would be worth the extra effort just for carpeting.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Stuart
Attached Images

Tags
87' prostar 190, power slot restoration, prostar project, prostar restoration, restoration