Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2009, 08:44 AM
gulfoslides

Question Where is the Hose Fitting, 350/LTR

I just purchased a 2000 Prostar and it has a 350/LTR engine and I'd like to know where I can hook up a garden hose to the boat so that I can run the engine out of the water. I looked inside the engine compartment and didn't see it, anyone have a picture or description of where this is ? thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
If no one answers your question, it's because you posted in the wrong forum, this is the website problem forum and it should have been posted in General Discussion or under Maintenance Tips and Refurbishing Topics, Engine/Drivetrain. Good luck.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfoslides View Post
I just purchased a 2000 Prostar and it has a 350/LTR engine and I'd like to know where I can hook up a garden hose to the boat so that I can run the engine out of the water. I looked inside the engine compartment and didn't see it, anyone have a picture or description of where this is ? thanks in advance.
Not sure about yours, but alot of these boats have no garden hose tee for flushing/running the engine on the trailer. You could either use a fake-a-lake or remove the large intake hose from the bottom of the hull and put it in a bucket full of water to run the engine (keep the bucket full while engine is running.......the water disappears quickly) This is how I run mine and it's also how I winterize after draining the block/manifolds.

There is also a "flush pro" available to make it easier for you in the future.

Hope this helps.
(and welcome to Team Talk......where are you in the northeast?)
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Your boat might not have a garden hose fitting...most boats don't unless added afterward by a previous owner.

There are several options available for adding a permanent fitting - either by making one yourself or buying something like the Perko Flush Pro or a Forespar Seacock valve.

Another solution is to make a fitting that either goes over the intake barb on your raw water pump or plugs into your intake line after detaching it from your intake strainer.

I use this item I assembled from hardware store parts for about $6. I detach the intake line from the strainer and plug this thing in.

although I like MacAttack's idea better since the raw water pump is usually more accessible and easier to work with :

Tags
350, hose fitting, prostar