TT Enthusiast

Boat: maristar 230
This is what it looks like just before the test ride

Well this is a quick cell phone pic just before we took it for a test drive
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2009, 08:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Anyone know what brand this tower is? Does that look like ski racks and not wakeboard racks? They are not real deep.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNAT87 View Post
Eagle theres not much to the install. I did it myself with one other person just to move the tower around. When you buy a tower from New Dimension you get the tower, great instructions, all the hardware needed, backing plates, and a can of fiberglass(Kitty Hair). You assemble the tower on the ground and then set it on the boat. Play with it and find your marks and mark them. Pull the tower off and drill the holes.

Do it right and dont skip the fiberglass part! Here you just spread the glass on the backing plates about 1/4" thick and put them in place. I gave my boat about 2 days to set up before i used the tower.

No joke the hardest part of the install was pulling a couple panels of the inside to get to the locations. Once I did that no location was hard to get to and everything went smooth.
With 2 people it took 4 hours.
GNAT, when you drilled your holes how did you prevent the gel coat from chipping. I saw a video that suggested drilling the holes while running the drill in reverse and then chamfering the holes with a round ball shaped bit. Also, were the top plates that mount to the gel coat side curved to form to the shape of the boat?
Old 08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleMC View Post
GNAT, when you drilled your holes how did you prevent the gel coat from chipping. I saw a video that suggested drilling the holes while running the drill in reverse and then chamfering the holes with a round ball shaped bit. Also, were the top plates that mount to the gel coat side curved to form to the shape of the boat?

Measure, measure again and measure again, you only get one chance to do it right.
Tape the gelcoat, mark the hole, drill a small pilot hole, Vari-Bit works great to get to the hole size, drill out the tapered hole after the Vari-Bit hole in the fiberglass to hole size with a wood bit or drill bit, X-Acto knife the remaining strands, remove tape.
Attachment 51130

Attachment 51131

Attachment 51132

Attachment 51133

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 07-31-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrichardson View Post
Anyone know what brand this tower is? Does that look like ski racks and not wakeboard racks? They are not real deep.
Not sure what type tower but looks similar to mine at least the way it is mounted. The racks are like mine I believe they are by wake designs. They seem to work ok I usually have a wake surf and 1 wake board on mine. Here's a pic of my tower.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Made for the shade

Here is a few pic's of my new bimini, Most of the one's I've seen only covered the driver and the passenger seats. Gotta have more shade out in the southwest. 9 feet of shade front to back. Wake surfing from the tower is a little close but still can be done. Wakeboarding is no problem. According to my son as he took it out yesterday. I've been to busy at work.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Maristar
Eagle, I used a 1" forstner bit. You can find them at any local Lowes or Home Depot. You dont drill completely through with it, you just go till you see gray(the fiberglass). Your just making a clean 1" circle taking the gel coat off to keep from cracking
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Well as of tomorrow I will be a member of the Mastercraft/Maristar family. I will post more pictures when I get it home. Took the wife satruday to look at it and she said buy it. So I got the dealer to lower the price again and toss in life jackets,lines,bumpers,anchor and rope. So I am happy and I guess if I am happy everyone is happy. I can not wait to see my daughter behind it.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrichardson View Post
Well as of tomorrow I will be a member of the Mastercraft/Maristar family.
I'm new too, but there is a Hazing process New Maristar members have to go thru. Maybe one of the Long timer's will chime in and let you know what you must do...

Good Luck on your MC! If you like you can see lots of info and pics >>>here<<< at My Thread...

Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Graphics Decals Lettering MasterCraft Maristar Ordering

I'm Updating my Graphics. I just ordered some Drip Mold Graphics from MyMasterCraft.com Tele# 704-525-6660 Ask for Carly.

these in the Picture Below are Called "Charcoal" Colored

Enjoy the possibilities....

Those graphics are considered charcoal.

7506303 Hull Decal $81.43 (you would need 2)

7506301 Maristar Decal $18.57 (you would need 2)

758429 Transom Decal $34.26

Sincerely,

Carly Baker