Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2009, 02:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: maristar 230
Hey talk to me maristar owners. I am looking at a 2000 230 and wondering what everyone thinks. Rebuilt motor (mc dealer rebuilt), faded, lots on hours before rebuild. I just can not swing a 30,000+ boat. It may be possible to grab it around 10,000. I never owned a MC and worried about it but want on so bad for my daughter. She is 12 and loves to ski and wake. So tell me your thoughts
Old 08-26-2009, 04:27 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcrichardson View Post
Hey talk to me maristar owners. I am looking at a 2000 230 and wondering what everyone thinks. Rebuilt motor (mc dealer rebuilt), faded, lots on hours before rebuild. I just can not swing a 30,000+ boat. It may be possible to grab it around 10,000. I never owned a MC and worried about it but want on so bad for my daughter. She is 12 and loves to ski and wake. So tell me your thoughts
Some will criticize the wakeboard wake on the 230 but I would say as a 210 owner the 230 has a little more roon and a little less of a turning radius.

post a pic if you can...
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
I was not even looking for another boat when my son who was working for MasterCraft dealer told me about a 99 Maristar 230 that had a mechanics lien on it and had been setting out in the Nevada sun for about 4 years. It looked pretty bad. I came home did a little research and offered them 5K to drag it away. Long story short I restored and have enjoyed the boat all summer. My son loves it as he thinks it is his because he found it. I put about 2k into and this is how it turned out. Before and after.

It is a very nice riding boat and is good in semi rough water. If you can get one for 10k and it is seaworthy I'd go for it. I cannot shell out 30k for a boat at this time.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

I will tell you this. If I am able to make this deal work I will post the picture. I also know it will be a project, but I will enjoy the reward of the elbow grease. I saw the boat while in the rebuilding motor mode. Seats out and motor on the bench. Looking forward to seeing it all together. So ski wake is ok the wakeboard wake is not that great? I am very new to the mastercraft boats. I have seen them and always wanted one, but never been in one. This has the tower with speakers and board racks. It looks like a tower built by mastercraft. Like I said I am learning here, just dont want it to be a bad experience. I am like a kid before Christmas. I can not sleep at night and I am waiting for the phone to ring. I had to call the dealer today to see what is going on. He said before he has me run it he is going to put new manifolds on it. They will be here Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Again if you can think of anything I should be aware of please let me know. Thanks for your time and thanks for letting me pick your brain. Wish me luck
Old 08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
msanantonio

Maristar opportunity

If you do your homework on the boat and give it a good once over,even pay to get a mechanic to look over the engine. For the price it would be worth the expense. I have a 2000 that I picked up for around 24k. It had 150 hours on it and was well taken care of. I love the boat. It is comfortable for all day cruising and its a good wakeboard boat .Skiing isn't bad on it. good luck
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 230 VRS 350TBI
I have a 2001 230 VRS and I love it.

It has room to spare. I have the board racks on the tower and it creates loads of free space inside. We load it up with 5 or 6 kids up front and 6 adults in the back and there is still room to spare. We wakesurf, wakeboard, slalom, and tube and all are acceptable IMHO.

I just bought high fly wake sacs last week to add 2,000 to the boat and we'll see what that does to the wake for wakesurfing. WIthout balast we can almost let go of the rope.

My advise is to get the matching trailer. Mine came with a 2002 matching trailer with oil hubs and it is so easy to load and unload the boat. I passed on another deal which was boat only. This week I had to load it myself and it was so easy with the proper trailer.

Good luck on your purchase, it sounds like the price is right.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:05 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 210 VRS
What kind of tower do you have on your boat? Like it?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

This boat is on the original trailer that came as a package deal. So your saying the wake is a little big for the ski and is ok for the wake board? I am thinking a 23 has to be heavy and have a pretty good size wake. again this is my first attempt to own a MC and a little worried the boat being 23 might have too much wake. I am not worried about the size of the boat just the size of the wake. Does anyone know the answer too this. Would the wake be smaller than the one behind a 19 foot stingray or a 19 foot older model wellcraft I/O's? I know lots of questions, but just not many direct or v-drives up this way. Thanks for all the answers.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Any videos out there on Maristar boats? Showing wakes and how to increase or decrease wake? How the boats ride. 1999 or 2000 boats that is
Old 08-27-2009, 09:20 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtajpa View Post
Long story short I restored and have enjoyed the boat all summer. .

Hey! Wait a second...Isn't that a piece of lint on your sundeck??

hahah You have done a tremendous job! I really like the color of leather. WE have similar boats. Mine is the smaller brother. how does she drive?

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 08-27-2009 at 09:24 AM.