Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 08-18-2009, 02:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC X45 07
I put a hypertech programmer on my 08 chevy 6.0L. I can tell a difference druisin and takin off. but cant really feel any difference towing. They have two tuning categories...reg fuel and prem fuel. I havent tried prem fuel. i have been meaning to do so. By truck is also lifted 6 inches with 37 in tires so that makes a diff as well
Old 08-18-2009, 05:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft,2002,x star,5.7L indmar
[quote=JimN;624686]You know, I don't think anyone here would point fingers at you for cutting a few corners on the garage, to make it possible to get the extra power you need.[/QUOTE

Jim I know nobody here will be upset but I can't convince the wife that we can just have gravel floor LOL plus I need concrete to hold down PEX tubing so the boat doesnt get cold in the winter.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 w/ LTR
You just knew that this "Detroit-er" wasn't gonna pass on this thread!

FORD = Fu#@ed Over Rebuilt Dodge!

If you need more power than what the 4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2 offer AND you want reliability (important to me) than you need a Duramax! Just my 2 cents!

MIMC
Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 89 ProStar 190 & 74 Eliminator Flat Bottom V-Drive
Buy A Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskier View Post
Any GM gurus out there (Engine nut?) that can tell me how to add some horsepower easily to my 2000 Suburban 6.0 L? I tried a reprogrammer from Bully Dog, only made a slight difference so I returned it back to stock. I've got a K&N fresh air intake already.

Any good sucess with other reprogrammers? (hypertech, etc.) When I had an '01 Denali it had alot more guts than this suburban (Denali was rated @ 325 hp, suburban is 300 hp)

I don't want to get involved in engine work (cam, heads, etc.)

Any magic solution?
NJSKIER

Sorry bro not trying to be rude but save your self the wasted money time and effort and disappointment. And step up and get a diesel I have towed crap with gas motors for years and will never own a gas motor for towing ever AGAIN! A diesel is day and night difference and you will get a HUGE difference in fuel economy. You will wish you had done it sooner and you will be smiling ear to ear the first couple of times you tow with it! I don't care if you buy a ford gm or dodge just get one that is not lifted. Just remember real trucks do not have SPARK PLUGS!!!!!!!!!!!