Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
Radar Customer Service = OUTSTANDING!

I bought some new RS-1 boots and the mounting instructions were not included. I posted a message on The Waterski Forum about and obtained an E-mail address for a Radar representative. I E-mailed him at 10:10 pm, it was Friday night, and I received a response in twenty-three minutes with answers to all my questions and an offer of assistance with the setup. Wow, what great service. For those of you shopping for a ski and looking for good service you should consider Radar! IMHO
Old 08-15-2009, 07:56 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Gotta be damn happy with that. You gotta know that guy/gal loves their job and skiiing.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 04 TT 197
Thats awesome! Too many companies have lost the ability to communicate with the customer. I had a really great discussion with someone from HO when i was trying to decide on a size for the S1. Makes a world of difference.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:21 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskiluvr View Post
I bought some new RS-1 boots and the mounting instructions were not included. I posted a message on The Waterski Forum about and obtained an E-mail address for a Radar representative. I E-mailed him at 10:10 pm, it was Friday night, and I received a response in twenty-three minutes with answers to all my questions and an offer of assistance with the setup. Wow, what great service. For those of you shopping for a ski and looking for good service you should consider Radar! IMHO
I just bought a new pair of RS-1's myself, without instructions. Can you share them with us or email them to me?

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 08-15-2009, 02:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
RS-1 Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
I just bought a new pair of RS-1's myself, without instructions. Can you share them with us or email them to me?
Here is an excerpt from the response I received. Good luck, I can't wait to try them.

This is an easy fix... If you go to www.radarskis.com, go Product, then skis. There is a button in the top right corner labeled “ski technology” in the top right corner of that page there is a download for the mounting instructions.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:58 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Was it Eddie Roberts that emailed you? He's a fairly avid reader of that forum. Always seemed very eager to help, both during his stint at HO and at Radar. I have an MPD and am really enjoying it.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskiluvr View Post
Here is an excerpt from the response I received. Good luck, I can't wait to try them.

This is an easy fix... If you go to www.radarskis.com, go Product, then skis. There is a button in the top right corner labeled “ski technology” in the top right corner of that page there is a download for the mounting instructions.
Thanks! That's just what I needed. I got my boots earlier this week, baked and molded the liners, and mounted them to the plate and to the ski. Now I can go back and make sure I did it right. Here are some useful links for molding the liners if you haven't done it yet:

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=846

And a video that they provide a link to (select the "heat molding liners" video): http://www.jagersport.com/vidproduct.htm

I was supposed to try them out this morning but the weather didn't cooperate. I'm hoping for tomorrow...

Former boats:
1990 Prostar 190
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
Was it Eddie Roberts that emailed you? He's a fairly avid reader of that forum. Always seemed very eager to help, both during his stint at HO and at Radar. I have an MPD and am really enjoying it.
It was sully (Chris Sullivan). I got a response back from him in 17 minutes this morning. The guy must live in front of his computer.

h20skiluvr, what kind of ski did you mount your boots on? Are the ends of your plate held up over the top of your ski by the neck washers they provide? Sully says that's normal. It just seems weird. I still haven't had a chance to try them -- TS Claudette has delayed things down here.

Former boats:
1990 Prostar 190

Tags
customer, radar, service