Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1989 Mastercraft Pro 190
holley carb 4160 throttle gas leak?

this is my first time posting although I've been an almost daily visitor since I found out about this page a month ago. usually can find what i need through search but can't find definative info on this.

have a 89 190 with the 4160 carb, had some problems with a leak out of the forward diaphram and replaced that, returne the carb, adjusted the choke and have got it running (rough for a bit, I'm pulling her out of storage for about 3 years) I'm pretty sure I need to get it refreshed or rebuilt to get her running right but after deciding that i need a rebuild,

I've notice that there is gas at the gasket between the carb and intake, followed the gas and it looks like the trottle linkage also has some gas on it as well and it is coming from around the linkage and flowing back down the gasket to the rear of the boat.

CAn this be fixed? i've read a couple of comments that say if it is leaking here then it is better to by a new one? don't want to drop$450 on a new carb, but don't want to waste time and money if it is a goner.

Anybody dealt with this? any info appreciated.

Tags
carb, holley, leak, leaking, throttle