Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 92, Prostar
Current Draw

What kind of a current draw do these heaters have? I would guess they suck a lot of power off the alternator? Any ideas.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
TT Regular

I just installed a set in my car from seatheaters.com. They said about 7amps
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Moomba, Outback LS, 2003, Indmar 330HP,
08 X2 have the heated seat switch. Wires connected, led even comes on. I don't have the option. I think MC pre-wires for accessories like this...Where might I find the pre-wired connector?
Does it come up through the floor in the middle of the seat pole (good)? Does it come out a hole you drill just to the right of the driver seat (bad)?
A picture would be helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
The connector is under the dash and labeled "Seat Heat" from the factory.

When you buy the kit, you will need to plug a connector into the connector under the dash and install this little grey connector on the throttle panel.

From there, you install the elements into the cushions, run the wire under the seat and connect it with the connector in the throttle panel.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Betcha he sits down to pee.

That made me laugh!

Where I ski, it's so cold that if you jump in the water and hold your breath, you could have a heart attack...

Where I ski, you have to break ice off the boat launch to get your boat to the water...

Where I ski, if you aren't frost bitten by the time you get out, you only took one run...

In all seriousness, I've thought about doing this mod on my boat. Fall days can get pretty chilly. Any way to stay warm for a few extra runs is well worth it. It seems simple enough to do and would be well worth it, especially if you actually live in an area that gets COLD!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 PM
SuperBee731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
You could do it that way, but since everything is already installed from the factory, you would have to change connectors and create your own harness to run from the connector below the dash to the side panel.

$200 was an approximation of the price as to not rat out a certain dealer and even at that price it is well worth it for the ease of install and the cleanliness of not hacking into wiring harnesses where it is not needed. If you would like to know the real price, I would gladly give it to anyone interested via a PM. I will say that the price is much closer to the amount you paid for your aftermarket seat heat.
I am getting at X15 this week I hope and would love the seat heaters as well. I can't PM so can you PM or email me at Silverin@bellsouth.net. Also want the light bar and maybe underwater lighting. Another memeber here has two extra JL cans with lights to go with the two already on the boat. Have to call the dealer tomorrow to see what and how many amps, love a great stereo.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Tournament Team
Hey Cameron.

Finally got a chance to hook up the seat heat. It was pretty easy thanks to your photos and your instructions. Hardest part was having the kohonies to drill into the throttle panel....don't like drilling into the boat period...but that was easy too.

When I was hooking everything up I also noticed that the passenger seat comes pre-wired too....is there a kit for the passenger seat as well? I assume it's the same process?

Thanks,

Rick-
Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Yeah, you can do the passenger seat, too. I left that one for another day!

Glad you got eveything hooked up... enjoy your toasty butt!

Tags
197, 2007, heated seats, tournament team