Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-2
LTR belt issues- '99 Prostat 205

Took the boat out this afternoon, and it had some belt issues. The boat is a 99 Prostar 205 with the 330 hp LTR engine. Anything above 4k rpm the engine would throw the belt. This happened pretty much all day. The belt does need to be changed, but there appears to be a belt alignment issue as the belt wants to ride on the front edge of the water pump pulley. I just purchased the boat a week ago and this was the second outing. Toward the end of the first outing, the belt started to squeek, but the belt was never thrown. Before going out today, I put a new tensioner on the boat, thinking that was the problem. It appeared to not have an effect, or maybe making it worse. I plan to change the belt tomorrow, but the alignment problem still concerns me. Has anyone else had this issue? I know there was an alternator bracket recall, but I'm not sure if the previous owner had of fixed. Could this be the problem?

Thanks,
Jason