Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
koch69vw

Question Ballast Pump Problem

I have a 2002 MC x10 with stock ballast:

- My port ballast pump works fine both Fill and Empty

- My starboard ballast pump will work for Empty, but when the switch is set to Fill the light comes on, but the pump does not. After 30 seconds or so, the "reset" button on the bottom of the switch pops out.

- My center ballast (saddle) pump does not work for Fill or Empty. When the switch is set to Fill or Empty the light comes on, but the pump does not. After 30 seconds or so, the reset button on the bottom of the switch pops out.

Thoughts on issues? I'm thinking maybe the impeller, but that wouldn't seem to make sense on the Starboard pump as it works in one direction? I'm not much of a mechanic (but am looking to learn) so thought I would try to figure this one out on my own (before taking it to the shop).

Thanks for any insights!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1980 S&S Power Slot 07 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by koch69vw View Post
I have a 2002 MC x10 with stock ballast:

- My port ballast pump works fine both Fill and Empty

- My starboard ballast pump will work for Empty, but when the switch is set to Fill the light comes on, but the pump does not. After 30 seconds or so, the "reset" button on the bottom of the switch pops out.

- My center ballast (saddle) pump does not work for Fill or Empty. When the switch is set to Fill or Empty the light comes on, but the pump does not. After 30 seconds or so, the reset button on the bottom of the switch pops out.

Thoughts on issues? I'm thinking maybe the impeller, but that wouldn't seem to make sense on the Starboard pump as it works in one direction? I'm not much of a mechanic (but am looking to learn) so thought I would try to figure this one out on my own (before taking it to the shop).

Thanks for any insights!
i had similar problem. Check and make sure you are getting power to the pumps. If you are take pumps out. They might be locked up. I just oiled mine an they started working fine again. You might want to change out impellers to the yellow ones while you have them apart.

Tags
ballast, ballast system, impeller, pump, x10