Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2009, 01:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '00 MariStar 230VRS
The MariStar Thread

If the SS guys, ProStar guys, and X-Series guys can have their threads, then why not us? Hopefully that's just a rhetorical question.

I nabbed my '00 230VRS 'cause it's what I could afford at the time (ie right before the great price tumble of '08/'09). Since I missed out on the >$30K X-30s, I'm gonna upgrade my family wagon as funds permit and wring the glass off the hull over the next few years. Already upgraded the stereo, amp, and speakers. Did some carpet reinstallation, new rudder cable, some trailer stuff, and a couple more odds and ends.

Next up I think the MariStar decals on the side are going bye-bye in favor of the naked look or maybe I'll replace 'em with some ProStar-style MasterCraft decals. I'm gonna hold out for a New Dimension tower rather than a cheaper universal. Once the tower is in I'll look into some V-drive, ski locker, and bow sacs with some good aftermarket pumps.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:31 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Just awesome looking Maristar!

Ours the first weekend we bought our 92 Maristar 210.
Attached Images

Last edited by CantRepeat; 04-21-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Other than the extra 2 feet, yours looks exactly like mine (Well, OK, yours is shinier and cleaner, but I can dream, can't I?).

I'll add a bit to this thread over the next several days.

/frank
Old 04-21-2009, 02:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
Here's mine...

1998 Maristar 225 VRS

I have a set of replacement decals for the side to change from "Maristar" to "Mastercraft", not sure if it's worth the effort. Opinions?

I've added the following to mine since I bought it 3 years ago...
  • Monster Tower
  • Bimini Top
  • Snap-In Carpet
  • New Stereo

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Maristar 210 330 hp reverse black/white
Here's ours. 2002 210 with 330 hp engine. We like the fact that it is rated for 11 people. Our family of five (kids ages 8, 6 and 3) plus another family of up to six people means a fun day on the water. The wife likes the big sun deck for relaxing. The kids like it as a great spot to eat snacks!
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Maristar 210 330 hp reverse black/white
[quote=dpolen;591923]

I have a set of replacement decals for the side to change from "Maristar" to "Mastercraft", not sure if it's worth the effort. Opinions?

I like the idea of changing the "Maristar" to "Mastercraft". I will probably make the change on ours in the next year or two. Bigmac did it on his and I think it looks great.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 230 VRS 350TBI
Congrats on the new boat. I was in a similar situation but my saving grace was that the Canadian dollar was on par with the US when I bought last summer. I flew down to GA and test drove the boat on Lake Lanier then had it shipped to Buffalo where I picked it up for the drive across the boarder. The exchange rate is now back to a 23 point premium.

Sorry I don't have any great pictures of my boat and trailer. I agree with scrapping the Maristar decals. I have the new dimension tower and it is pretty solid. My spring project is focused on pimping my sound system. I also want to purchase some replacement upholstry skins as I have some minor cracking. I'll focus on an in water boat lift for a summer project.

Let's start those Maristar threads.
Attached Images

Last edited by fentong; 04-21-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
My Project boat

My son found this for a project boat we picked it up for 6k from mechanic's lien. 99 Maristar 230 Sport. Was setting out in Nevada sun across from a chemical plant for 2 years. Didn't get but 1 picture but will post some afters later. I stripped the swimdeck and had it rhino lined the second picture is how it came out. I've put about 2K into it including upholestry and fuel pump, water pump and the like. We took it out last Sunday and it really performed well. I have picked up alot of good hints from this site that really helped out. Thanks to all.
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
I didn't care for the Maristar decal either.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft 205, 1999, LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtajpa View Post
My son found this for a project boat we picked it up for 6k from mechanic's lien. 99 Maristar 230 Sport. Was setting out in Nevada sun across from a chemical plant for 2 years. Didn't get but 1 picture but will post some afters later. I stripped the swimdeck and had it rhino lined the second picture is how it came out. I've put about 2K into it including upholestry and fuel pump, water pump and the like. We took it out last Sunday and it really performed well. I have picked up alot of good hints from this site that really helped out. Thanks to all.
That swim platform turned out looking great. Can you give us some more details on how you did that?