Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 02-16-2009, 02:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte View Post
Hey, how much do you think we should charge them for our studies? I say a billion, but I will gladly settle for a mere half a billion
sorry... my time is my money... not a penny less than 600 mil...

obviously my time is uber important seeing as i'm TT for the better part of moist of my work days

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeX2wake View Post
sorry... my time is my money... not a penny less than 600 mil...

obviously my time is uber important seeing as i'm TT for the better part of moist of my work days
Sorry, but we will not be re-negotiating. 1.2 billion will be fine If they balk once it is 1.5bil
Old 02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
We just did something similar. We sold our '99 Tahoe, '96 Impala SS, and '00 Voyager minivan. Replaced them with an '07 Avalanche (mine) and an '06 Infiniti M35 (hers). Have you thought about an SUV? While I'm very happy with my Avalanche, that '99 Tahoe was a good truck - I only sold it because the wife didn't like it (too dirty/stained). But it was paid for...

Good luck Bert.

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Here is the deal. I have way too many cars. I have a 2002 GMC Envoy, a 2002 Cadi DTS, An 83 GMC Sierra 1500, and a 72 Monte Carlo. My wife has a 2006 Dodge mini-van.
The Envoy has been my tow vehicle since I bought the boat. It does fine, but is creeping up on 100kmiles. The truck will pull the boat fine, but there are not enough seats for my whole family, and it could use a freshenup of paint, belts, and gaskets. The Cadi gets about 26-28 mpg and I am always out taking pictures, getting signatures, and running general office errands. Note the GMC has some sentimental value because it was my grandfather's.

Here are what I consider to be my options.

A) Sell the Cadi, the Envoy, and the GMC. Buy a new to me 04-08 pickup with 4 doors.

B) Sell the Envoy, Keep the Cadi as a daily driver, and keep the GMC as a tow and trash vehicle (freshen the paint and engine)

C) Keep the Cadi, sell the truck and the Envoy, buy an older 2000- 2004 newer to me p/u with four doors.

4) turn the van into a tow vehicle and see how quickly I can blow the motor(kidding)
Sell them all but the caddy! While you're at it, sell the damn boat too! Tell Leah you'll buy her a sports car in 4-5 years, like maybe a BMW convertable or something like that. BUT, and this is a big BUT, she HAS to let you buy a newer model 4-door V8 truck AND the X2 that Erks got! Damnit man, how much do tags cost you every year for all them damn cars? And What about insurance too? You get rid of all the babbage, you can afford the new boat!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: BOATLESS :(
Dude-

How do you handle the pressure???
I NEED A NEW BOAT!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:50 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd View Post
We just did something similar. We sold our '99 Tahoe, '96 Impala SS, and '00 Voyager minivan. Replaced them with an '07 Avalanche (mine) and an '06 Infiniti M35 (hers). Have you thought about an SUV? While I'm very happy with my Avalanche, that '99 Tahoe was a good truck - I only sold it because the wife didn't like it (too dirty/stained). But it was paid for...

Good luck Bert.
We discussed the newer SUV as an option. A truck is a must have though unless I buy a utility trailer. We have no trash/ yard debris pick-up unless you pay like 50 bucks a month, even then it has to fit in the can w/ the lid closed. I am a fan of paid for vehicles
Old 02-16-2009, 05:51 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
Sell them all but the caddy! While you're at it, sell the damn boat too! Tell Leah you'll buy her a sports car in 4-5 years, like maybe a BMW convertable or something like that. BUT, and this is a big BUT, she HAS to let you buy a newer model 4-door V8 truck AND the X2 that Erks got! Damnit man, how much do tags cost you every year for all them damn cars? And What about insurance too? You get rid of all the babbage, you can afford the new boat!
She has given the go ahead on whatever I want to do. With exception to the newer boat
Old 02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
She has given the go ahead on whatever I want to do. With exception to the newer boat
Did you even ask her about the new boat? No boat, no sports car! Sorry!