Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X25 SS, 2009 CSX SS
Send a message via AIM to Waterski-Marcoisland
Post Closed Cooling System Overheating Issues

For those of you who have some overheating issues with you closed cooling system. Check the following. You closed cooling system can develop an air void in the block. This is indicated by: when engine is overheated and you idle up to 1200-1500 rpms the engine would then cool down. Also, same circumstance and you idle up to cool then engine you must refill the system with a mix of 50/50 water and coolant. Most of the boats down here by me have closed cooling because they are all saltwater boats. For some reason I seem to be the guy they call when they are stuck out on the water with something going wrong. Nonetheless I found that these guys were refilling with straight coolant, which will lead to overheating in its self. Be sure to mix 50/50...Also to burp the system, rev engine to 1200-1500 rpm start with engine is cool so you can get the cap off without getting burned or wet. While revving the engine squeeze all the closed cooling hoses, watch the coolant overflow bottle, you should see some bubbles and burps coming through. Hope this helps anybody. MCX and Crusader Motors. www.waterskimarcoisland.com
Attached Images

2011 X25 Power Tower Ilmor
2010 CSX 265ss twin LY6
2009 CSX 220ss with MCX T-top
2007 CSX 220ss MCX Tower Pkg

Tags
closed cooling, crusader, mcx, overheating