Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
Thanks for the tips. I can still change out the quick connects to the 90 degrees one since I still have to install the left rear bag (They ran out of stock but should have it this week). Good tip on the pinched hose. It felt like it had room but it was for sure a tight fit. I will probably do the same and cut a little u-shaped piece out of the kick panel.

I am also getting the wake surf sac (another 700#) for the left side which will be filled manually with the pump so the wake should be unbelievable as I will have about 2438 #'s just on the left side and KGB/bow. That should be plenty of wake for surfing.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 mastercraft x2
hey man the install looks super clean... can't wait to post my own "how i did it and you should too" pics

MY LED INSTALL... CHECK IT OUT

MY WAKESIDE RIDE

"It's just water... not concrete or dirt... so just throw it"
-Parks Bonifay

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink... when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day"
-Frank Sinatra

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem"
-Jimmy Buffett
Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X30 MCX - SOLD
Very similar to how I did mine, except I did not replace the fittings on the overflow from the tank. the line just runs straight up out of the factory tank. No problems filling or emptying since there is a good vacuum created. Didn't do the front sac though, just have some lead up there.

How is the wake with that much in the bow? I've only got 360# extra in the bow and my wake has a very nice lip at the top, would think that more in the bow would cause it to mellow out some.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MC X2, RTP-1 5.7L 310 HP 1.5:1, 14.25 x 14.5 XMP OJ Prop, bimini, depth finder, and table, teak platform, White/viper red
Have yet to test it out on water. I will post some pics when I do..... hopefully this weekend. I have heard you don't need to fill the whole bow sac just halfway for decent wake for boarding. I have most the weight mainly for surfing.

I replaced the overflow fittings just so I had a decent connection as the old fittings had shrunk due to being clamped down upon. I could literally slide the new hose right on over the old fittings without any force. Then I would only be relying on the hose clamps to keep them on and that worried me some. The new fittings were a pain all the way around. Getting the hose on was difficult as I used a lot of heat and some soap at times but I swear they are watertight even without the clamps.

Last edited by Roonie's; 07-30-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2 Born on date of 4-28-08
Great help for me!!!! I am picking up the same sacks tomorrow. Couple of questions, 1. what is the factory set time on the ballast pumps? Would that also be the same for the 08? Did you get the threaded ninetys from fly high? Where did you get the 1" hose? I was looking at a local marine store and they have a white 1" PVC pipe...any idea if that would work or should I get the black???

Thanks in advance
Old 07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie's View Post
Thanks for the tips. I can still change out the quick connects to the 90 degrees one since I still have to install the left rear bag (They ran out of stock but should have it this week). Good tip on the pinched hose. It felt like it had room but it was for sure a tight fit. I will probably do the same and cut a little u-shaped piece out of the kick panel.

I am also getting the wake surf sac (another 700#) for the left side which will be filled manually with the pump so the wake should be unbelievable as I will have about 2438 #'s just on the left side and KGB/bow. That should be plenty of wake for surfing.
Nice install! Save your money on the surf sac. My friends can't get over how good my surf wake is with the KBG and front fly high sac and port tank and fly high sac filled. I drain everything starboard and it is SWEET!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Nice install! Save your money on the surf sac. My friends can't get over how good my surf wake is with the KBG and front fly high sac and port tank and fly high sac filled. I drain everything starboard and it is SWEET!

steve, you have a pic of that.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosdad View Post
Great help for me!!!! I am picking up the same sacks tomorrow. Couple of questions, 1. what is the factory set time on the ballast pumps? Would that also be the same for the 08? Did you get the threaded ninetys from fly high? Where did you get the 1" hose? I was looking at a local marine store and they have a white 1" PVC pipe...any idea if that would work or should I get the black???

Thanks in advance
I know it always helps me when I see pics to follow as I usually don't know what I am doing most of the time.

I do not know the factory set time on the ballast pumps but I set mine for the full 6 minutes and will scale it back if needed. I do believe for 08 the pumps can be set for longer.... I am not positive on that however as it was a passing comment made by my dealer. I got all my supplies from my local MC dealer as I called ahead and ordered everything prior and they also stock most of it anyways. Not sure about the white PVC but I think it will work as I have seen one other post using it before. The main thing to look for is 1" bilge hose is what they call it. I do believe it comes in different colors.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
Thanks for the tip. I think I will wait to pick up the surf sac and try it first. I got a new board last night (IS blue lake) so I am really stoked about surfing it. Unfortunately my wife is leaving out of town for two weeks and I need a babysitter and some friends now before I can try it out.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:58 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X30 MCX - SOLD
You can get the hose at any Lowes or Home Depot. It'll be white though, it's called Hot Tub hose. It's exactly the same thing, just white.

Tags
fly high, x2 ballast