Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
auburn buck's Avatar
auburn buck auburn buck is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 2004 Maristar VR 230, 350 HP
Location: W. Placer Sierras
Posts: 60
Glue for carpet in storage areas...

We had a wet winter and limited garage, so inside of boat got damp. The carpet in side storage areas has started to pull away and I was wondering what glue to use to reset?
__________________
2004 Maristar 230
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2008, 08:35 AM
vogelm1's Avatar
vogelm1 vogelm1 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2005 MasterCraft ProStar 197, MCX
Location: Minocqua, WI
Posts: 524
There's some stuff in a spray can made by 3M, called 3M "Hi-Tack 76". The hardware stores and Home Depot places should carry it. Just a note there are other 'grades' of stickyness in this product (they make a "General Purpose 77") and you don't want that. The Hi-Tack 76 is pretty much like contact cement and have used it for sticking down other things in the boat like rubber floor pad in front of driver's seat, foam inside engine compartment, etc. It's good stuff.
__________________
2005 ProStar 197 w/1:1 MCX; Acme #843; 2007 MC ZeroFlex Tower
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
auburn buck's Avatar
auburn buck auburn buck is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 2004 Maristar VR 230, 350 HP
Location: W. Placer Sierras
Posts: 60
Vogelm1....thank you for the info....

Very much appreciate helping me out on this...
__________________
2004 Maristar 230
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogelm1 View Post
There's some stuff in a spray can made by 3M, called 3M "Hi-Tack 76". The hardware stores and Home Depot places should carry it. Just a note there are other 'grades' of stickyness in this product (they make a "General Purpose 77") and you don't want that. The Hi-Tack 76 is pretty much like contact cement and have used it for sticking down other things in the boat like rubber floor pad in front of driver's seat, foam inside engine compartment, etc. It's good stuff.
Attachment 36470Look for this can, Ace Hardware sells it @ around $18 a can!
Spray it on each surface, let dry and put them together like contact cement.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.





Last edited by TMCNo1; 08-08-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
vogelm1's Avatar
vogelm1 vogelm1 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 2005 MasterCraft ProStar 197, MCX
Location: Minocqua, WI
Posts: 524
Dat's da stuff! Right on TMC #1. Yep, it's expensive alright but should solve your problems.
__________________
2005 ProStar 197 w/1:1 MCX; Acme #843; 2007 MC ZeroFlex Tower
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 25,304
That stuff works like a charm as long as you get it where you want it and not where you don't, i.e., on top of the carpet.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ


Tyler Ski Club


To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2008, 02:15 PM
TMCNo1 TMCNo1 is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: Gone
Location: Gone
Posts: 22,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
That stuff works like a charm as long as you get it where you want it and not where you don't, i.e., on top of the carpet.

Clean up is simple with a clean rag and some lacquer thinner.
__________________
Charter Member Number 1

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.




Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
carpet, glue, storage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.