Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2018, 09:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
I wont bother you guys again with the story of all the problems I had with my X25. Too many to rehash highlighted by 2 trips back to TN to MC corporate for serious repairs.

I decided after the second trip to TN that we had just lost too much summer dealing with issues and that we were getting out of the boat.

I gave serious consideration to leaving the brand, as you are also able to do.

I'm with Aric on this one.

I was as angry about my issues as anyone could be. I played the "This is the most expensive toy I ever purchased" card. I sang the song about how 6 figure boats shouldn't have these problems. Been there. Done that. So I TOTALLY understand your frustration.

My approach, aided by my dealer, was to surface the situation with corporate. I did my best to remain calm.

MC sorted me out WAY PAST my expectations and now I'm in a monster 18 X23 that I love. My new boat has a couple issues but nothing like my previous experience. I guess my previous experience prepared me for my new one.

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues. Its what happens when those issues arise that makes the difference to me. MC did right by me and by my dealer and I'm glad I'm on the backside of those problems. Best summer on the water ever this year. And its not over yet!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Glad you like that X23 Uplandbird!!!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
One of the best quotes I've seen in a while!

1994 205, LT1
Old 08-15-2018, 11:16 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
I wont bother you guys again with the story of all the problems I had with my X25. Too many to rehash highlighted by 2 trips back to TN to MC corporate for serious repairs.

I decided after the second trip to TN that we had just lost too much summer dealing with issues and that we were getting out of the boat.

I gave serious consideration to leaving the brand, as you are also able to do.

I'm with Aric on this one.

I was as angry about my issues as anyone could be. I played the "This is the most expensive toy I ever purchased" card. I sang the song about how 6 figure boats shouldn't have these problems. Been there. Done that. So I TOTALLY understand your frustration.

My approach, aided by my dealer, was to surface the situation with corporate. I did my best to remain calm.

MC sorted me out WAY PAST my expectations and now I'm in a monster 18 X23 that I love. My new boat has a couple issues but nothing like my previous experience. I guess my previous experience prepared me for my new one.

Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues. Its what happens when those issues arise that makes the difference to me. MC did right by me and by my dealer and I'm glad I'm on the backside of those problems. Best summer on the water ever this year. And its not over yet!
I am in your "previous" situation now..., lost Summer, remaining calm, working with dealer and MFG to root my issues ...I hope this is all behind me soon too. School Starts today for the Kids.

Ive had my my boat back for a couple days with new Motor, and screen fixed, ...still need to Water test and check for a Previous bilge leak.

But, I cant launch at my local lake because Divers have been searching for days for a 12year Old girl that fell off a boat and drowned while visiting from Canada.

^^^^^ Now if that doesnt keep my so called "PROBLEMS" in perspective...I need to get out of boating

a very odd feeling wanting to hurry up and get on the water, whilst a tragedy blocks your way.

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 08-15-2018, 11:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
OP, whattaya got going on?
Old 08-15-2018, 11:30 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X20 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
He got boat back with injectors replaced/repaired.
Boat died on him soon after.
Back at Shop again.

2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
2016 G21 Coastal
2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
2013 Yamaha 242LS
Old 08-15-2018, 11:50 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashburn1 View Post
He got boat back with injectors replaced/repaired.
Boat died on him soon after.
Back at Shop again.
I would be some kind of pissed off.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '15 X10 6.0L, '15 X30 6.2L
^Yes, wanting the next step same outcome for OP that you guys have experienced - MC squaring this away properly.

+1 to having perspective Larry, these are first world issues vs much bigger life issues. Also rooting for your boat to be handled after an ordeal.

We all wait so long for boating season and prepare as best as possible to make sure our gear is set for it, including spending $. That is where MC and MCOCD should combine to elevate the probability our season is good to go.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
I'm pretty sure he has his boat for sale on Only Inboards with the ad indicating that he's selling to move into another brand. Hopefully, MC will step in and rectify the issue for the OP but it sounds like it may be too late.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 197 2003
Call me old fashioned but I've been team MC for nearly 40 years, never lost more than a few days due to repairs except when I hit a submerged log and that wait was all parts acquisition. My current boat is old a 2003 and other than resolved gauge issue no problems, not even the fuel pump yet, I know I never should have said that. Anyway IMO there is no reason for most of the tech advanced. They resulted in little to no performance improvement and only increased the likelihood of electronics failure. Manufactures ought to take several steps backwards and at least offer a low tech version IMO.