Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 x-star
2007 X-Star balast fitting Question

Hi All

Does anyone know the size of the ballast winterisation fittings that are on the pipes that feed the pumps please ? The screw size to allow me to build a fitting.

You remove the cap and close the sea valve then add a fitting with a pipe to winterise .... if anyone knows the screw thread and size that would be awesome

thanks in advance
Old 11-30-2017, 10:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
Are you talking about the fitting on the flexible hose coming off the distribution manifold at the rear of the boat? My X15 might be different. Can you take a picture?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:29 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 x-star
Hi Blackhawk Yes the one that's in line between the through hull fixing and the manifold or jabsco pump dependent on model

Barbed straight through for the pipe and a male screw on top of the "T" section then a female cap screws onto it .... you remove the cap and rubber seal then attach a female fitting with a pipe, turn off the hull tap, and just run the pump and it will suck from the newly fitted pipe to winterise remove fitted pipe, refit seal and cap and back to normal operation

i used a pipe and tape ( made an interference fit) and it worked... but not ideal... hence trying to find out what size the thread is to make a fitting to screw straight on

will ge a pic next time i go to the boat
Old 12-04-2017, 07:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 mastercraft x2. Indimar predetor 310

It is a weird thread. I originally thought it was 3/4 garden, but it is too fine. I used a transmission funnel to pour the antifreeze in. It was a surprising good fit and didnít spill a drop. Itís deffinitly a 2 person job to minimize dry run time of the pumps.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
I used a standard PVC tapered thread fitting on mine. It is not the correct thread, but it sealed up good enough to suck in the antifreeze.