Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2005, 05:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
I've seen some guys advertise their kits as stock engine with 200+hp by just adding the kit. Little do they know just how many engines they had to change to be able to say thay.
The last race event I was at about two weeks ago, the turbo's RX1 came in FAR last place of a 4 sled race. F7, then a custom modified something I could not tell, then another F7, then the turbo'd Yami. It was open mod 800 class I believe.
Sounds like you are going to be even more p!ssed off at boosted Yamaha's this coming winter than you were last winter.
MPI's supercharger kit is totally sold out until Jan 2006 (5 psi=180 hp. on premium and 10 psi=220 hp on 50-50 94/110).
Then there's the turbo guys. The one's I'm familiair with (Powder Lites and Alpine.....and they are little guys compared to Bender, Simons CPR and MCX) are selling A LOT more kits than they did last year.
Sounds to me like all these guys putting down $5k for one of these kits don't share the same opinion about reliability as you do......and many of these guys are ride in places where a breakdown can mean getting the sled carried out by a helicopter.

Getting back to your post above though...... do you think sleds that are competitive in an open mod class have any similarity to a machine that can be ridden on a 300 mile ride.... which is what A LOT of guys that buy 10 psi and under kits are doing?

Last edited by JDK; 11-03-2005 at 05:54 PM.