Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 08-21-2014, 03:46 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Seems as if you guys are late to the party. Lol. Thought this was interesting to say the least
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
can you switch from side to side with a push of a button....
This is assuming your screen works or the when you push the "surf left/right" icon (not button) it does what the icon suggests instead of turn on the blower or switch from Bluetooth to XM.

I too, am a firm believer......in simple stuff that works.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:37 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2014 MALIBU WAKESETTER
Just like the surf gate on my 2014 wakesetter!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmcfarland View Post
Anybody looked into the cost for some type actuator to control the angle of the gate. Seems like it wouldn't have to be that strong maybe 12 volt.
Problem with an actuator is you don't really have a "solid" base. If you wired up an actuator you'd have to have this installed full time to run the wiring/hydrolics/whatever. I think this needs to be removable to keep from disrupting the wakeboard wake, and to eliminate any unneeded stress in that area.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X-Star 2003 X2 (SOLD)
Wake Gate - Wake Enhancement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Problem with an actuator is you don't really have a "solid" base. If you wired up an actuator you'd have to have this installed full time to run the wiring/hydrolics/whatever. I think this needs to be removable to keep from disrupting the wakeboard wake, and to eliminate any unneeded stress in that area.

I was thinking removable too. Mounted to the wake gate not boat. Maybe with a set of wires that come into the boat with simple toggle controls. I'm figuring it might look kinda ghetto though.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:06 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2006, RTP-1
What was the Ballast set up

Curious about the Ballast set up. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnaples View Post
Thought I would post some pictures of our latest surf trip. Most of the guys had never surfed before and had a blast. Some of them had surfed with me prior to the Wake-Shaper and were amazed at the difference it made. There were a few goofy riders in the boat, so I am glad I developed the port side Wake-Shaper as well. Working on editing a few videos to share and will post something soon. Glad to see that so many people are having success enhancing their wake surfing experience.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub0717 View Post
Curious about the Ballast set up. Thanks.
setup is on the 1st post of this thread. All stock hard tanks full plus 500lbs lead weight in bow and 2 455lb sacks in the rear lockers.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Current 2006- 200 SS 5.7 Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnaples View Post
Thought I would post some pictures of our latest surf trip. Most of the guys had never surfed before and had a blast. Some of them had surfed with me prior to the Wake-Shaper and were amazed at the difference it made. There were a few goofy riders in the boat, so I am glad I developed the port side Wake-Shaper as well. Working on editing a few videos to share and will post something soon. Glad to see that so many people are having success enhancing their wake surfing experience.

Looks great.
PM sent
Old 08-26-2014, 12:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
I don't have the boat in front of me (its at the lake a few hours away), but me and a buddy would love to build one for their 205V and take it with us this weekend. Any body have pictures/a few measurements on one for their 205v?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '99 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeit View Post
I don't have the boat in front of me (its at the lake a few hours away), but me and a buddy would love to build one for their 205V and take it with us this weekend. Any body have pictures/a few measurements on one for their 205v?
If you look through the thread someone made one for a 205v. There are pics but I'm not sure if he listed measurements.

Tags
2007 x2, ballast setup, surf setup, wake plates, wakesurfing