Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 95 Maristar 225
Engine miss cold throttle body

Hello guys. You have all been so helpful. I really appreciate it. I have a 1995 maristar with a. 350 throttle body injection. It has recently developed a miss. It is up and down. Noticeable change in speed and rpm when pulling a wake boarder at 15-20 mph. I was watching the carb while my son drove and saw little droplets of water being pulled into the throat of the throttle body. When I touched it, it was stone cold. That doesn't seem right. Is there a heater or is coolant supposed to circulate through the throttle body to keep it warm? Any help is really appreciated.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:50 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
that is a bit strange -condensation on the injectors? There is no coolant or heat applied to injectors. Get a code reader and see if there are any codes stored in the ECU. Have you ever changed the distributor/rotor/wires?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:02 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 95 Maristar 225
What was cold was the base of the throttle body. I assume the droplets being sucked into the throat and then ultimately through the manifold came from condensation when the warm air hits the cold base.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1993 & 1996
Tbi

Hi

I have seen this as well, the whole TBI assy does get very cold and water droplets appear on the outside of the TBI , I assume this is just due the passage of air though it .
Bear in mind that the flame trap is off when you are running to look in the TBI so when on it should not let any moisture though .

Kevin