Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X-46, 2015 Imor
2015 X-46 Head Phone Jack

I just received my 2015 X-46. I cannot find the head phone jack to plug in my iPod I have a iPod Classic and it is much easier to control the IPOD with the iPod. All my other MC boats had one right by the throttle control. Can anyone tell me if there is a jack on this boat?
Old 07-31-2014, 11:07 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimg3240 View Post
I just received my 2015 X-46. I cannot find the head phone jack to plug in my iPod I have a iPod Classic and it is much easier to control the IPOD with the iPod. All my other MC boats had one right by the throttle control. Can anyone tell me if there is a jack on this boat?
If there's really not one by the drivers side or in the glove box, it can be retrofitted pretty easy because there's an AUX input on the fusion head units. The least you need is a head phon jack/chinch cable, if you want OEM style you need a plug drilled into the location you want and connected to the head unit.

First 2015 X46 I heard of, mind posting pictures? Do you have the drivers flip seat?
Old 07-31-2014, 11:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Boat photo required.

Pry a box that was not checked with all the fandangled wireless nowadays, they pry did not offer or put one in. But I am sure you can or could ad one.

Tom
Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I disconnected the inputs on stereo head for the aux. Then connected a RCA headphone jack cable and it worked great.

I will post a picture of the boat next Friday as it is up at the lake.

Have a great day.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1984 MasterCraft S&S
Starting in 2015 no more AUX jacks. In 2014 bluetooth was available, when you get it, it replaced the AUX. Since its been so popular they have taken the AUX plug out. That way there is not a plug there that doesn't work. We order all our boats slandered with bluetooth now.
brucej@actionwater.com

1984 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes. Fully restored.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X45, 2011, 6.0 Ilmar
Thats crazy they don't come with AUX anymore...if the bluetooth goes out your screwed until you get it fixed. I hate when there isn't a back up of some sort. Might try looking behind the driver seat kind of below the throttle. That's where mine was hidden.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:53 PM
TT Newbie

There is a Aux on the back of the Fusion stereo head. I disconnected the video inputs and plugged in a RCA cable with male head phone jack. We use a classic iPod and they are not blue tooth compatible. Also Apple does not make a iPod that will hold all my wife's music. Along with that it is easier for my wife to play DJ from the iPod rather that from the head. I am not going to tell my wife she has to change. It was much easier for me to plug in the cord. And it only cost $7.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:48 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1984 MasterCraft S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdubb View Post
Thats crazy they don't come with AUX anymore...if the bluetooth goes out your screwed until you get it fixed. I hate when there isn't a back up of some sort. Might try looking behind the driver seat kind of below the throttle. That's where mine was hidden.
You have USB as a back up. I would rather have USB than AUX
brucej@actionwater.com

1984 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes. Fully restored.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 AM
TT Newbie

I am not saying one is better than the other. I am saying that if your iPod does not have Bluetooth you can hook into the back of the head and pick your songs with an iPod. With the USB you can only pick playlist, artists, ect. You can't play DJ which my wife likes to do. The old iPod Classic has 80 gigs of storage. The new iPods don't and that is why she won't just get a new iPod. This post was only to let others know that you can use the video AUX and plug in an iPod. I think we all like options.