Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM
j.robinson389 j.robinson389 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Boat: None
Location: Ohio
Posts: 74
Marine Audio Basics

Honestly, I don't care that much about having tunes on my boat, but my Dad wants me to fix his up. He needs his Gospel and Bluegrass fix, even on the lake.


So for someone who doesn't need a chest thumping sub, what would be good options for a head unit and 4 cabin speakers? I would like it to have CD and AUX in capabilities.

I was thinking 4 of the Polk DB651 or the slim version if I don't have room. Good Choice?

I won't need an external amp if I only do the 4 cabin speakers corrrect?



Any and all suggestions welcomed!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2014, 01:47 PM
cbryan70's Avatar
cbryan70 cbryan70 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,694
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
normal polks should fit. I would add an amp...it makes a major difference. soundstream makes a nice 4 channel amp for about 100 bucks. for 400 bucks you can have your speakers, amp, head unit, and the the wireing for the amp. maybe less.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Rossterman's Avatar
Rossterman Rossterman is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2001 prostar 205V
Location: Westcoast
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
normal polks should fit. I would add an amp...it makes a major difference. soundstream makes a nice 4 channel amp for about 100 bucks. for 400 bucks you can have your speakers, amp, head unit, and the the wireing for the amp. maybe less.
What he said. The polks are a great bang for the buck and adding a simple 4 channel amp like sound stream will give you a much fuller sound (more depth)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 PM
cbryan70's Avatar
cbryan70 cbryan70 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,694
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossterman View Post
What he said. The polks are a great bang for the buck and adding a simple 4 channel amp like sound stream will give you a much fuller sound (more depth)
Kenwood receiver 90.00
http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KMR-D3...kenwood+marine

Speakers 49.99 a set
http://www.frys.com/product/5120126?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Amp: 150.00
http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-P4...ds=soundstream

Amp install kit 27.00
http://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-KC...s=knu+concepts

puts you a little under 400.

for a little more bass i threw one of these in
http://www.amazon.com/Bazooka-MBTA81...fied+subwoofer

I got the 200 watt version but the 100 would do the trick. Just fills the whole system out.

total for everything would put you at around 650ish with the sub
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.