Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1992 MC 205 ProStar 351
You've got a one of a kind Prostar! Nice job.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Pro Star 205, 1995, 350 V8
A great job indeed.

My 95 205 has a similar color scheme (old scheme). I'd really consider a new paint/gel scheme before we purchase another MC.

I'm sure its more expensive, but I'd prefer this method opposed to getting a wrap. I wonder if there's anyone in my area willing&able to do this type of project.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1982 Mastercraft Stars & Stripes Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrojay View Post
Its called a WakeAir tower Its really strong, I'm not sure where it came from it was on the boat when I purchased it, I had it powder coated black. Only complaint is I think it should have been mounted a little further forward to look correct, I should have moved it and filled the holes when I had it in the shop.
Does the pull point on the tower sit directly above the original pylon? That might be why it is mounted further back than it looks like it should be. I don't know if the same applies to boats, but in airplanes center of pressure/center of gravity make a significant difference in handling. CG too far back and you get no control; too far forward and you can't fly straight & level. I know my S&S is difficult to turn when I have the tow rope attached to the stern. I would think there is a geometric progression on a boarder/skier pulling you off line the further forward the pull point goes.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Maristar 240 SC, 454/425hp
Wow, beautiful boat and trailer. Love the green and what an awesome job on the swim step! How about the interior? Looks like you have some red upholstery that might need to go white or tan or leave as is?