Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft
PDS Diagnostic Screen

Does anyone know anything about the PDS Diagnostic screen on the 7 inch display on a 2014? Under the Analog Inputs I have a red dot indicated for the Starboard ballast sender saying that it has a "short circuit / Analog out of range". The forward and port ballast sender have green dots indicating no fault. It was my understanding that the ballast do not have senders and the levels were determined by timers. Is this correct? Should I be concerned by the red dot?
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
I would think there is a fault somewhere, otherwise you wouldn't get a fault message, either something wrong with the ballast or maybe software issues, time for a visit to the dealer imo.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
No senders on the 2014, and my x30 shows the same thing. Never had any problems with anything on the boat after 75hours of use so far.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:20 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
No senders on the 2014, and my x30 shows the same thing. Never had any problems with anything on the boat after 75hours of use so far.
I'm pretty sure there are ballast tank senders in the 2014's, at least my X46 has them. But I've seen faults like that from time to time and never had troubles...
Old 07-25-2014, 07:02 AM
MC Devotee

My x30 doesn't have them, I wanted to know if it did, so I removed the little covers where they go. No sender, just a blank cover plate.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:02 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft
Thanks for the replies. My dealer is about a 3 hour round trip and I took the boat twice in June for warranty work so was hoping to not have to return to them anytime soon. We are in the middle of winter down here so I will not be able to use the boat for a couple of months to test the ballast pump.

FourForty, are the little covers you are talking about about half way along the top of the ballast tank on the engine side?
Old 07-25-2014, 09:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I'm pretty sure there are ballast tank senders in the 2014's, at least my X46 has them. But I've seen faults like that from time to time and never had troubles...
ditto...55hrs so far and I treat it like a warning system. It tells us nothing that we can use to remedy any situations without taking it to the dealer has been my experience so far. Once I get enuf faults I take it in for service assuming nothing catastrophic has happened.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterx10 View Post
FourForty, are the little covers you are talking about about half way along the top of the ballast tank on the engine side?
Yes, if you remove that cover, you will see the spot on the ballast tank where a sender would go. Mine just has blank metal covers, that seal off the sender hole.