Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2014 x46
Surfing port side tips
Old 07-18-2014, 07:03 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, x30, 02, 5.7l vortec
Ok so I went and got Some info. For the surf system they out dual 800lb sacs in the back and one 400lb sac upfront. I doubled this putting one 800 in the coffin one in the starboard side and one 400lb up in the walkway of the bow. This works great for two to three people out there.
But had an issue with the nose being a little too low if anyone sat in the bow. So I took the 400lb sac out of the equation and still enjoyed the wave it made. Wasn't as long but still powerful.

Also with the stock system got an alright wave at 10mph 100% starboard tab down and 10% center tab. But the wave was so soft couldn't do anything fun on my skim board.

Fly high does custom sacks and also have super low profile sacs that I was looking into doing and having those either replace the sacs they have or piggy back them into the system.

Ill post photos tomorrow when I go out.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakesbaked View Post
Ok so I went and got Some info. For the surf system they out dual 800lb sacs in the back and one 400lb sac upfront.
Don't get confused:

The numbers you have there should be hard tanks and original sacs added together