Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 06-23-2014, 05:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2011 X25
Beaver Lake, AR knowledge anyone??

Finally got my first full weekend off work this summer! The wife and I are gonna take a couple friends and the MC and head over to Beaver Lake for the weekend. Anyone with some local knowledge???

I used to go there with the family growing up for a week at a time, but it's been awhile since I've boated on it. We'll be boating out of Lost Bridge area.

- Will be doing some boarding, surfing and a little skiing. Any places to definitely avoid??

- Probably do a little scuba diving just to get under and play around... feed some fish.

- Any good hang out spots if we decide we want to socialize? I remember a cove with some small cliffs in it, and a rope swing.... If I can find it. Think it was east of Rocky Branch somewhere...

- Anywhere to grab some lunch and a cold drink while we are out? I've been to the JJ's Grill on the lake down in prarie creek (by car), but didn't know if there was any other restaurant on the water.

Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:45 AM
TT Regular

I'm speechless, such a huge wealth of knowledge here on TT. Guess nobody on here boats on Beaver... Looks like I'll be the only MC over there.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:18 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
I go to the War Eagle area on Beaver and it is great. It is very quiet and is sheltered from any wind by a huge bluff. Other that that area, which is on the southern tip, I have no knowledge of Beaver Lake. I know the bigger water and bigger crowds are farther north, which is why we stay down south. Sorry for the lack of help. It is a beautiful lake.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:08 AM
TT Regular

Had a good trip to Beaver last weekend once the weather finally came through for us on sunday. Nice chill lake, would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a relaxing place to take their boat in arkansas. Super clear water... and DEEP in most of the lake. Great cabins to rent all over.... haha, I sound like a tourist commercial! A few pics...
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1404363665653.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  29.6 KB
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1404363727707.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  51.0 KB

Haha... this guy cracks me up... the attention whore
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1404363792537.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  53.3 KB

Couldn't get a waterfront cabin on short notice, but this one wasn't far from the water and there were deer out front every morn.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1404363961314.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  68.4 KB
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1404364045288.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  48.8 KB
Old 07-03-2014, 02:11 AM
TT Regular

Oh, and happy early 4th of July everyone!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty C View Post
Had a good trip to Beaver last weekend once the weather finally came through for us on sunday. Nice chill lake, would definitely recommend to anybody looking for a relaxing place to take their boat in arkansas. Super clear water... and DEEP in most of the lake. Great cabins to rent all over.... haha, I sound like a tourist commercial! A few pics...
Glad you had a good visit, great pics.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 Master Craft Pro Star 205
I just saw this thread, not sure how I missed it too late now, but if you get back JJ's on the Lake at Prarie Creek is a good place to eat.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
JJ's is good just SLOW SERVICE! Better plan to stay at least an hour to get a hamburger but they do serve beer so there you go. The University of Arkansas used to have a ski course set up on the far southern end of the lake, near Blue Springs. Never any boat traffic that far up, even the bass fishermen don't go there. Water glass smooth! The clear water on the Northern end when you get closer to the dam is nice but often rough. Early morning and late afternoon are alway the best times to board - probably the same as any lake. I've seen just a few boats surfing. Apparently that craze has not taken over Arkansas yet. Give us time. We ain't too quick on the uptake 'round here.