Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
98 205 rear seat

Metal was crushed on mine too. 3/4 Marine plywood, fiberglassed with 8 oz cloth and 1x1 aluminum stiffener on 98 205. So far this is doing ok. I do like the center block idea too for added support when stepped upon. saw one guy built a storage box to fit below and add support on this site. Wingnut
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
That looks good, that's basically what I plan on doing. I like the bases that I have seen people build there, but I run a fat sac there and don't want to lose the space. I could potentially put a middle support on the seat that would work while in the lowered position, but don't plan on it unless I decide its entirely necessary.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Finally going to update with some pics. I reused the plastic pieces that hold the foam in place, brackets on the bottom, black screen like cover for the bottom, and existing skin. I ended up adding an 1.5" by 1.5" piece of angle iron to the bottom for stiffness. Here is how it turned out:

In place

Bottom

We have used it both the seat and sundeck position and it works well. My FIL has stepped in the middle of it and plopped down on it pretty good and it has held up fine. He is a pretty decent sized fellow. The only thing I don't like about it is the weight, but I am pleased with the results.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

I used the measurements from my old honeycomb seat to draw up a print as well, in case this helps someone that doesn't have a seat, lost theirs, or theirs is completely destroyed:

The numbers in brackets are inch, and not in brackets are mm.