Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 06-07-2014, 09:53 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 MariStar 230VRS w/ LT-1
I'm going to pull the large carpeted fuel tank cover today and see how much clearance that I have under there. My 230 has a 60 gallon tank, so I'm not sure how much room is available. I'll try and take some pics of my set up along the way. Overton's has a nice 16" X 28"recatangular table and an optional flush mount floor base, so if I find that I have the room, I'm going to order that.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:10 PM
TT Regular

Well this is what I found when I lifted the floor cover. I don't know if Mastercraft designed the fuel tanks for the table option or if the tanks are just molded this way, but there is room under the cover in the indented section of the tank for the flush mounted floor base to have clearance.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2014, 08:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006. Mastercraft maristar
i have a 2006 and mine is mounted on side behind driver about half way back,, has a curved mounting bracket,, hope that helps
Old 07-03-2014, 10:36 AM
TT Regular

Well I finished my table installation. My wife got me the table from Overton's for fathers day. The hardest part of the install was drilling through the double wall aluminum floor. I started with my cordless drill, had to move up to my H/D Makita drill, and when that kept stalling, brought out my Grandfathers old 1/2" drill. The hole saw bit that I used was a tiny bit small, so I had a lot of filing and sanding to get the flush mount floor base to fit. The interesting part that I found was that when I got the carpeted plug out of the bit, I noticed that there was already a pilot hole that Mastercraft puts in for the table option. Thanks to the great photos attached with measurements, I think I got pretty darn close! I think that this will be a very useful option for me and my family! Thanks again for everyones help.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2014, 05:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
^ Well, you've gone and done it! My wife saw me looking at the photo's you posted and promptly tells me "I want one"! So, I'll plan on adding it in during the next off season. A couple of questions...first, was that pilot hole on the bottom of the tank cover? Second, how hard was it to pull up the tank access panel? I know I'll need to replace the carpet on mine since the is a bad stain and a rip in it. Nice job, BTW! It looks awesome!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:13 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturvey View Post
^ Well, you've gone and done it! My wife saw me looking at the photo's you posted and promptly tells me "I want one"! So, I'll plan on adding it in during the next off season. A couple of questions...first, was that pilot hole on the bottom of the tank cover? Second, how hard was it to pull up the tank access panel? I know I'll need to replace the carpet on mine since the is a bad stain and a rip in it. Nice job, BTW! It looks awesome!
I have the table and post out of my maristar I used to own. You'd just have to buy the mount if you are interested?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 02' X30 + 90' PS 190
If he doesn't want it. I would be interested in the pole. I have the table and the mount but no pole. If you would be willing to sepetate.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:56 AM
TT Regular

Thanks! I am really pleased with how it turned out! About the pilot hole...it is right below the carpet. I would think that if you measure about 17" from the back base of your seat, and measure the floor panels width and divide that measurement by 2, you should be able to feel around and find that pilot hole. If you replace your carpeting though, you will be able to see the hole easily. The plug that I took out of mine still has the carpeting on it, and if can feel the hole with my finger through the carpet. I never knew it was there, and it would have saved me a lot of measuring ( I measured 3 times...drilled once! ). I could not totally remove that floor panel because of how tight it was under the rear seat frame. I took out the 2 phillips head screws on the top of the panel, and pulled up through the bilge pump access hole, and put a 2X4 sideways underneath the side to hold it up. I also slid another 2X4 down the slot on the gas tank ( see the picture I took of the tank ) for added protection of the fuel tank while I was drilling. The hardest part of the job was drilling through, but I think that had I bought a new metal cutting hole saw bit ( instead of my old wood bit ) it would have made that a whole lot easier! Good luck with your project!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
I have the table and post out of my maristar I used to own. You'd just have to buy the mount if you are interested?

Awesome! Definitely interested. Send me a PM and let me know how much you want for it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2014, 11:02 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsturvey View Post
Awesome! Definitely interested. Send me a PM and let me know how much you want for it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pm sent