Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Maristar 240 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Everything is doable, especially if it's a bucket list item, just depends on how fat your wallet for fines is

After the exchange rate, Ill pass. I already had a car towed and that was steep. I think I still have an outstanding fine from the cops too. My dutch is terrible so interoperating the letter they sent me a few years ago never happened. Oops. This thread just reminded me of that fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 12:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Crownline 182 (sold), 2012 Mastercraft X2
Oh you can surf a big part of the schelde, the orange lines are waterski/wakerboard and high speed zones http://www.waterrecreatie.be/html/do...rtsept2013.pdf
Old 07-04-2014, 03:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
I am considering purchasing a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 diesel. Based on comments shared here and other research I believe it will pull out 2000 Maristar 210 with no worries.

For those in the know, is there anything I should be aware of particularly in this model?
I am somewhat confused about:

1. Suspension. Do I need to make sure vehicle has air suspension?
2. iDrive- Complicated? Troublesome?
3. Limited in type of diesel I can use?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-45
I have a 2012 X-5 3.0L gas engine and I wouldn't tow a double jet ski trailer with it. If it has a hitch, it's so you can carry a bike rack. I wouldn't tow with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2014, 05:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Xstar
Not happy with my x5 as a towcar. Too much wheel spin on loose ground. The 4wd on these cars is very much rear wheel focused. It does have air rear suspension so sits flat at least. Overall, not impressed and can't wait to get back to an Audi
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac505 View Post
Not happy with my x5 as a towcar. Too much wheel spin on loose ground. The 4wd on these cars is very much rear wheel focused. It does have air rear suspension so sits flat at least. Overall, not impressed and can't wait to get back to an Audi

Which Audi, Q7? If so, do you go diesel or the gas v8?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 Prostar 190 - 454HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
I am considering purchasing a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 diesel. Based on comments shared here and other research I believe it will pull out 2000 Maristar 210 with no worries.

For those in the know, is there anything I should be aware of particularly in this model?

I am somewhat confused about:

1. Suspension. Do I need to make sure vehicle has air suspension?

2. iDrive- Complicated? Troublesome?

3. Limited in type of diesel I can use?

Air suspension is a double edged sword. When working properly, it's brilliant. You can manually lower the car for easy passenger loading, raise the car if you need a bit more ground clearance and obviously it will always sit level when towing a trailer. The downside is when it stops working. The bags themselves, compressor, solenoids, etc can all fail at some point and are not cheap to replace. Mine is an 03 and had had all the equipment replaced once before I bought it, so 10 years is about the lifespan of some of the components.

I drive is much better than it used to be. On the latest version, you can control the radio and climate control without using the system, which was a huge complaint of the first gen systems. I am in Florida at the moment, driving a borrowed 2011 335i with the new I drive, and I'm having no issues leaning it's basic functions. There are now about 6 hard buttons in the front of the joystick that take you to the main menus immediately so you don't have to scroll through as much.

Not 100% sure on the fuel, but I would think any low sulfur highway fuel would work.

Browse xoutpost.com for a bit and I'm sure all your questions will be answered.

Sent from my iPhone