Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2014, 05:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Did you build this boat or buy it off the showroom floor?
Old 06-11-2014, 06:30 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
yikes... catastrophic failure of an impeller at 13 hours? and then catastrophic engine failure? I thought the new MEFI's had automatic over heat shut down protection... Good news that you are getting a new engine... 13 hours...yikes would love to see a picture of the impeller - it must have disintegrated -
Old 06-11-2014, 06:55 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-2; 320 Ilmor
Send a message via Skype™ to RustyMC
Bought the boat in March as they were closing out the '13 models. Could not turn down the incentives MC was offering at the time and it seemed like a good deal. The impeller was completely gone.

Dealer is telling me the engine is already being shipped and I should have it back next week. We will see. Guess I will NOT be surfing for Father's Day this year!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2009 MCX
I hope you are getting an upgraded engine for the inconvenience! Is the dealer providing you a replacement boat while yours is being repaired?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyMC View Post
Bought the boat in March as they were closing out the '13 models. Could not turn down the incentives MC was offering at the time and it seemed like a good deal. The impeller was completely gone.

Dealer is telling me the engine is already being shipped and I should have it back next week. We will see. Guess I will NOT be surfing for Father's Day this year!
Use their demo boat! They have a loaner.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:06 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyMC View Post

wow completely gone.... yikes.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
I'm guessing both engine temp sensors failed as well?? They have separate sensors for the gauge and the computer. So, if the gauge only read 200, and the boat didn't go into limp mode at 220 degrees (ilmores cutoff temp for limp mode. I think 240 is shutdown temp) That means that both sensors were not working right......

Sorry to hear about that. Hope she is up and running again soon!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14V
The number of these posts that I read about newer Ilmor engines is very disturbing. Do they simply not have their act together for a mass production market yet? I love the power of mine, but it's overheating too (with alarm) and no one seems to know why. Ilmor is involved, MasterCraft is too...but I saw 198 yesterday after three minutes on the water and the alarm came back on (again) just one hour after leaving the shop. New impeller, raw water pump verified to be working, removed factory installed flush system, removed strainer, straight hose from boat bottom to cooler, no blockages. Higher RPMs cool it down, but it never did this before. (...and of course the touchscreen stays locked up constantly and no one knows why after many reflashes, firmware loads, traced grounds, replaced batteries, etc.)

As I sit here on land with my family over the 4th of July, I really miss my Indmar 5.7 with a classic analog dash.

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Red X14V on Center Hill & Old Hickory lakes in TN -