Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 06-27-2014, 10:42 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X45 5.7L
I like the ladder and would like to implement one myself but I do have a question. Does it affect the wake? Protruding below the swim deck as it does I am concerned that it would causes issues for wakesurfers. Any thoughts? I was considering something that would be stored on the top side of the swim deck and then hinged to flip over the end. Mind you I haven't found the hardware to implement this.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
I like the ladder and would like to implement one myself but I do have a question. Does it affect the wake? Protruding below the swim deck as it does I am concerned that it would causes issues for wakesurfers. Any thoughts? I was considering something that would be stored on the top side of the swim deck and then hinged to flip over the end. Mind you I haven't found the hardware to implement this.
I've got this same setup and found it has zero impact on my wakesurf wave - at least that I can tell.

This was a great addition to my deck, especially with kids or older parents, etc.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
I have the same setup on my '96 Prostar. At wakeboard speeds the ladder is completely out of the water and has no effect on the wake. Great addition to the boat!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
It looks like a great addition and installation! My wife would appreciate this as she doesn't have the best knees. I would be inclined to use countersink SS machine screws instead of carriage bolts, as they can be mounted flush to the surface, not snag on skis and boards.