Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-25-2014, 10:15 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2
X2 Cover - Modified around tower? (Gap in cover)

I have a 2007 X2 that is currently sitting on a Shorestation without a canopy on it. This is the first summer its been out in the elements 24/7. Last year I trailered it and it was stored away nightly. I've noticed that a lot of dirt/leaves/water gets through the gaps in the canvas around the tower. The stock cover doesn't seem to have a snug fit around the tower. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what their solution was.
First thought was to put something under the cover around the tower like a beach towel. Also thought about adding fabric to the existing cover and extending it up the tower and putting a bungee or velcro to keep it snug.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:24 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
I would avoid beach towels. Just asking for staining or bleeding. What about cutting a pool noodle up into strips to fit inbetween the tower and cover? Kind of ghetto but should keep out the grossness.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Prostar
Don't have that issue on my MasterCraft since I don't have a tower. However, I have a friend who had similar problems. If your boat cover goes up the tower a little bit try wrapping cellophane over the top of the boat cover and on to the tower. You've got to use the "old-timey" clear "food service" film that is stretchy and clingy. What you are trying to do is use the cellophane like duct tape to both hold and seal the cover around your tower (they actually make the cellophane packing tape and associated dispensers that you might be able to get locally or online).

Good Luck!
Old 06-25-2014, 02:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Series, 30, 2008
We have actually used the towels with good success. I would suggest going to SAMs or somewhere and getting the pack of white bath towels. They are usually back in the cooking supply area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tags
canvas, cover, mastercraft