Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1994 Sanger DXII
1997 Prostar 190

After the ex took my 97 never bought another boat. After 3 years, finally ready to buy another boat. I have been looking at Sanger DXII's mainly because they were in my price range, $9000 ish. Ran across a 1997 ProStar 190, LT1 with powerslot. Gelcoat and interior are in good shap, also has a tower and bimini top. Comes with the stock prop and a 4 blade, though they dont have any info on the 4 blade thats on it. Trailer is a tander axle, tires and running bpards are in good shape. They also have the service records for it (serviced yearly). Always out on freshwater lakes, never seen salt. It has a 850 hours on it and they are asking $9500. Any thoughts on price, my old 190 had about 800 hours on it. I know thats getting up there in hours...
Old 06-09-2014, 02:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Just FYI, I believe I saw a 94 on CL in Nashville for $8500 and a new interior with only 250hrs, but it has the std engine. It doesn't have a tower or Bimini, but looks like a nice boat. I realize this may be too far, but it is something to compare it to. That one you are looking at sounds like a decent deal. If it has PP, then that would make it even better.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/4488074484.html
Old 06-11-2014, 01:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 190
I bought a '97 last fall with the standard engine and transmission, nice tower and 480 hours. Paid $12K and thought that was a good deal after looking for a couple months. I just put another $800 into new tires and brake cylinders. The deal you are describing sounds incredible if the boat has been cared for. Is that the red one in the Napa area? If so, I remember considering that one last fall. The seller was nice enough to make a video of all the imperfections for me. I actually can't remember why I decided against that particular boat.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:10 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallSkinnyGuy View Post
I bought a '97 last fall with the standard engine and transmission, nice tower and 480 hours. Paid $12K and thought that was a good deal after looking for a couple months. I just put another $800 into new tires and brake cylinders. The deal you are describing sounds incredible if the boat has been cared for. Is that the red one in the Napa area? If so, I remember considering that one last fall. The seller was nice enough to make a video of all the imperfections for me. I actually can't remember why I decided against that particular boat.
Ya, red one in Napa. Didnt give me a phone number and hasnt been super responsive via email... Trying to schedule something to go see it but havent heard back. Going to look at a Sanger DXII Thur, hopefully they get back to me soon...
Old 06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
That is a great deal this time of year. I just bought a similar boat to this in January.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1997 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman64 View Post
Ya, red one in Napa. Didnt give me a phone number and hasnt been super responsive via email... Trying to schedule something to go see it but havent heard back. Going to look at a Sanger DXII Thur, hopefully they get back to me soon...
If I remember correctly, the owner made a video of all imperfections, as I mentioned earlier and emailed the video(s) to me. I think all the imperfections were pretty small in the interior but it was scratched on the keel quite a bit and had obviously been beached many times. I think that is what scared me away from it because I was wanting a perfect hull. But at the price he is advertising now you could probably have the necessary repairs done and still have gotten a really good deal.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:52 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for all the help guys. Couldnt get a hold of the seller and they were being super flaky. Ended up picking up a 94 Sanger DXII, just couldn't pass the deal up, barefooting behind it was honestly the best wake I have ever seen, the ProStar 190 was a nice footing wake, but this is purely amazing. Plus $7500 couldn't pass up, tandem trailer, just re-wired and new tires, 400 hours on new motor, and has a heater which made the misses very happy...