Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2014, 03:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: x2
opinions on shoddy service

Figure I'd get some opinions as many of you deal with MasterCraft dealers. Give me your $.02 on what you'd do regarding the following issues I'll try to give the Cliffs Notes version.

I had my impeller replaced when winterized this year. Put the boat in the water for the first time to find that the gasket was completely blown out. Luckily, I noticed the water spraying out before i ran the motor for very long. It's apparent that they either didn't replace it or installed it wrong. Whatever the case, they didn't check to make sure it was done right. Memorial day weekend was a bust and I still have to install a new gasket. I paid for all the service/winterizing when I picked up the boat.

I inquired over the winter about having the stitching pulled tighter due to wear on sundeck. They told me that the material was fine and it'd be a simple stitching issue rather than having a recover. When I gave the ok, he then said their upholstery guy could also put some new cushion material into the backseat where it was sagging due to people boarding the boat over the years. I didn't get a quote on the sundeck stitching but he told me that the back seat would be "a couple hundred bucks" Sounded ok so I said to do it. I went to get the 2 pieces and they couldn't find the invoice and told me they'd email it to me. I got back to the boat and found that they had actually recovered the back seat and the gray on the other seats didn't match the gray/tan color which is on the recover. Doesn't match! I got the email a couple days later and it was $800. I sent an email complaining about all my issues and they didn't respond for 3 weeks. got a reply today and they said they reduced it to $600 because they had actually billed me for a third cushion from another boat. They apologized only for the delay on them having my boat for 5 months while I waited on it to be winterized. (whole other story) Didn't touch on the wrong seat colors, the impeller housing gasket, nada!

I'm all willing to give them something but $600is still a bit high for all the grief and negligence! That was a bit lengthy but if you read through it, I'd love to hear your opinion. This just isn't the level I'd expect from MasterCraft....