Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 02-13-2014, 12:43 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Sometimes u gotta call a spade a spade... 4k was a good number.. 3500 would be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 ProStar/Skier19
Still looking for a project. I wondered if it might be cool to switch things up with a different type of classic. I know many of you on this forum have owned older Ski Nautiques. Here are some questions if anyone is up for it...

1. Any tips for stringers other than the tap test and twisting engine mount lag bolts?

2. Are the side & stern colours decals or gel coat? Can the colour be brought back with wet sand, polish, wax?

3. How costly is it to bring that dash back to life?

It wasn't used last summer but it was started in the fall and winterized. Obviously the interior is not original (nor is the pylon ) and there is no back seat. The trailer is original but rough.

Any tips? What would you offer? Is it even worth it as a fix and flip? I appreciate your input.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2014, 04:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineLakeRumble View Post
Still looking for a project. I wondered if it might be cool to switch things up with a different type of classic. I know many of you on this forum have owned older Ski Nautiques. Here are some questions if anyone is up for it...

1. Any tips for stringers other than the tap test and twisting engine mount lag bolts?

2. Are the side & stern colours decals or gel coat? Can the colour be brought back with wet sand, polish, wax?

It wasn't used last summer but it was started in the fall and winterized. Obviously the interior is not original (nor is the pylon ) and there is no back seat. The trailer is original but rough.

Any tips? What would you offer? Is it even worth it as a fix and flip? I appreciate your input.
Doesn't get any easier than this ==> http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks/ for a structural rebuild. As for the interior components and engine work, it would be academic information that can easily be found on this forum....

Best of luck....

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 02-21-2014, 05:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Things just got interesting. The 87 Prostar 200 is back on the market with a few more details. I've been in touch with the seller and he has given me his bottom line. How much would you pay? Here are some shots of the interior (the biggest bimini I've ever seen!) and more.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2014, 05:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 ProStar 200, 1991 Mercury 2.5L 200hp XRi Outboard
Motor looks to be in nice shape. Despite the poor quality pictures the interior looks decent. The bimini is huge (looks like it's for a pontoon boat). I'm thinking about $3.5 - 4K max if the motor checks out good and seeing you'd have to replace that undersized trailer (replacement trailer will need to have clearance for the tracking fins).

Last edited by orbeamlb; 02-21-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
Quote:

Sounds like you might have passed on the CC, but:

Look for copious crazing in the gelcoat, a sure sign of excessive flex due to bad stringers.

The stripes on the Nautique are painted on, believe it or not. You can see on those pics where they've faded and/or been buffed off in spots.

The stripes are different on that "2001" Nautique than any I've seen from that era--The stripes usually continue up to the bow, whereas that boat has them ending in a "point" shy of the bow. Wonder if they were repainted in the past or if that's factory?
Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks SOACJ. In the end the SN2001 was too far away for me. Coming down to the short straws on the Prostar 200. The deal could be finalized by tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
Quote:
Thanks SOACJ. In the end the SN2001 was too far away for me. Coming down to the short straws on the Prostar 200. The deal could be finalized by tomorrow.
Good luck then!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Many thanks to all those who provided feedback as I wandered from one boat to another looking for a project. Pulled the trigger on a Purple 94 Prostar with PowerSlot this weekend. The boat ran well but needs lots of work to bring it back to it's former glory. Restoration will begin in earnest in four weeks. I'm looking forward to the summer project. I'll do my best to throw some pics up as I go. Has anyone seen one of these interior platforms before? It looks factory, but I've never seen one.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2014, 12:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Nice find. More pics as work progresses please.

The sunpad is kind of cool. Chicks dig sun pads, which is great entertainment for you.