Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1996
Thumbs up What is my Prostar 205 worth? 1996

What is my boat for sale worth?:

Selling my babied 1996 Prostar 205. It's green/white. Only 447 hours (only 24 hours/year on average.) Beauty. Kept inside garage, works like a champ, 2 year old marine grade UV resistant Sony stereo with weather cover and four high quality Sony Xplod speakers for rocking sound, waterski mirror, battery switch, Straightline Launch Pad weight system for wake boarding, nice teak swim platform, bimini top, tandem trailer with custom chrome wheels and 2 year old tires/brakes/turf on runner boards/new boat buddy and new receiver (that works much nicer than the stock surge-break one), detatchable tongue, matching spare wheel/tire, Mastercraft boat cover with logo across windshield and two support bars to keep water from pooling. I have taken great care of this boat and planned on keeping it forever which is why if anything ever failed I replaced with the best available parts. I am half reluctantly buying a newer boat as a relative is getting rid of one I feel I "can't pass up." Kids don't want me to sell this 205 as they love it too with many great memories. It's so fast out of the hole you have to get people up less than half throttle or it will rip the rope out of a grown man's hands. Makes me sick to get rid of it so buy it now before I change my mind . A steal at $14,500.

If you want more photos, you can see them on my Google drive folder here (just click or copy/paste the link):
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...2M&usp=sharing

I took 81 photos not knowing there was a 10 photo limit per thread. I wanted to show pictures of every nook and cranny to rival even the best colonoscopy. I figure if it was me buying a boat TMI wouldn't apply. I took close-ups of the carpet which looks practically new, the cushions' seams (the captain and passenger seats are newly upholstered and match perfectly--the others should last another 10 years++.) The upholstery is in great shape aside from one small tear on the engine cover top but you can see that in the Google drive photos as I have my finger in the photo pointing it out. I also took a photo of the back seat support system I designed out of 1" PVC. For those that know the design flaw of the back seat that the 205 has knows the situation. I bought a new aluminum support rod (that the newer models started using but not the 205) which wasn't sufficient. So I designed my system after consulting with two dealers and an upholstery shop that came up empty. My PVC system still allow for storage and simple removal of the back seat. The back seat is now so strong you could even have your mother-in-law sit on it. I'm quite proud of it so much so I'd say they are ingenious . Took me 3 hours to build them so precise. I'm an orthodontist and deal in millimeters all day. Close isn't good enough compared to perfect.

Call 2zero8-7two4-6nine24 or reply to this post. I'm in Nampa, Idaho. Willing to drive for a day to drop off to help with distant pick ups.
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2014, 11:51 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 X Star
Pretty boat - very well kept! GLWS.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Nice looking boat. Makes me miss mine. GLWS.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:36 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
14500 is the lowest video would go this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2014, 12:22 PM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
14500 is the lowest video would go this time of year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for your input!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 96 Mastercraft Prostar 205
did you sell it? Clone of my boat, wondering what you got for it.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:11 AM
TT Newbie

Sold for $13,500. I believe I could have gotten $14,500 as I had a lot of interest but decided in the end to sell to a fellow that I knew would take good care of it. I know it's stupid to care how my boat is cared for as I should only be thinking of this as a business transaction but I like the fact that the boat will not be put to waste any sooner than it needs to be. I like to tread lightly.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
mine was sold to me... cuz PO knew I would care for.

We we still keep in touch.

mike
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 96 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Same here. I got a deal on mine because the PO saw the care in my eyes!

I am thinking about putting mine up for sale, same boat but with a single axle and fewer hours (250). I think i might set my rock bottom at 14500 and see what happens

Tags
1996, 205, green, mastercraft, prostar