Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 05-05-2014, 01:38 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1997 ProStar 205, 330hp
1997 ProStar 205

1997 MasterCraft ProStar 205 with matching MasterCraft trailer – New Drivetrain, Wake Tower & Bimini Top

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261472026487...84.m1555.l2649

Oyster base gelcoat with Ruben Red gelcoat accents. I am the second owner and purchased the boat in 2003. This boat has been very well maintained and upgraded during my 11 years of ownership.

414.6 hours on the boat overall. With 102 hours on new engine and approximately 50 hours on new transmission.

The custom MasterCraft trailer was just refinished with epoxy primer, PPG urethane paint and a clear topcoat. Carlisle running tires are 2 years old and the spare is brand new. All tires are trailer radials and the running lights are sealed LED’s.

During the winter of 2003/2004, I discovered several small freeze cracks (from the previous owner) and repaired them with JB Weld. That actually held until 2010 when a crack finally migrated to the inside and I started getting water in the engine.

Rather than using a rebuilt engine, In March of 2011 I purchased a new 2010 GM Marine 330 HP long block for the replacement. Because of the bolt pattern change on the heads, this also required a new GM Performance TBI manifold. The manifold was bored out to accept the 454 TBI unit that Indmar used on the original engine. The tech people at Indmar told me that the original engine was rated at 298 horsepower and that the fuel injection and ECU would have no issue with the new engine. It runs great!!! With the new engine, the starter and all hoses were replaced and a large (HP-6) remote oil filter was installed and plumbed using ½” hydraulic hoses.

Unfortunately, I didn’t replace the transmission cooler hoses and a leak resulted in overheating and eventually killing the transmission. In August of 2011, I replaced the transmission with a new ZF 450 marine transmission which is very similar to the original but is stronger. The cooler lines were replaced with ½” hydraulic hoses.

Following are some details and upgrades to the boat:
• The wakeboard tower is custom fit to the boat and includes a navigation light and the GPS antenna.
• The Sunbrella bimini top was custom ordered to match the factory original bow curtain. Both are in excellent shape and included.
• I purchased a custom fit Sunbrella canvas cover in 2007 (shown in pictures). I still have and will include the original MasterCraft cover.
• Water separating fuel filter installed with new engine.
• Factory aluminum flame arrestor replaced with USCG certified, K&N marine stainless steel air filter.
• Driveshaft has been repacked with GoreTex graphite material for very low friction and no leaks as the original flax was seeping.
• Currently running the original 3 blade nibral OJ prop.
• A 4 blade OJ nibral prop (with minor dings) and puller is included.
• A Garmin 431S GPS and sonar unit is mounted on the dash and included. When skiing, we often use the dashboard screen to display speed.
• Worn seat covers were replaced in 2010 and 2011. There are several scratches and nicks that have been touched up with 3M vinyl repair (I’ve tried to show this). Overall, the interior is very good.
• A Clarion XMD head unit is in the dash with a wired remote at the stern. That is supported by a 5 channel Alpine amp and four Vifa coaxial speakers. I do not currently have a subwoofer hooked up to the amp.
• The raw water pump impeller is a run-dry high performance elastomer unit manufactured by Globe.
• There was a dock scrape/chip in the red gelcoat on the rear port side. This has been repaired but the color is a little bit off.
Attached Images