Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4551  
Old 03-03-2014, 04:15 PM
lentiman's Avatar
lentiman lentiman is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Boat: 2012 MasterCraft X2
Location: Northwest
Posts: 187
It's a 2007 Acura MDX, common in the northwest. It towed great but when it's time to replace it we'll get something with a turbo diesel I think. Likely a Toureg or Grand Cherokee or something. The MDX has JUST enough room when we go camping and have the box on top though. Anything smaller would not work. I don't really want a Tahoe or similar but we'll see what happens when it's replacement time.
Reply With Quote
  #4552  
Old 03-03-2014, 05:24 PM
cruiser cruiser is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2013
Boat: 1981 mastercraft S & S 351W PowerSlot
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 420
Just picked up (a new to me) 2002 gmc sierra 2500 hd with a 8.1 liter (496 cubic inch) motor. WHAT A BEAST. Should tow my MC and travel trailer but probably won't pass up any gas stations. It spent all of its life in texas, that's what you look for in a vehicle for Michigan winters. Hope I can keep it in as great Condition.
Attached Images
 
__________________
1981 stars and stripes -powerslot
sand with red metalflake stripe
Reply With Quote
  #4553  
Old 03-03-2014, 06:32 PM
roadster02 roadster02 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Boat: 1991 mastercraft prostar 190
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Posts: 262
If you want power you got to pay to play. Better to be overpowered and spend a little gas, or diesel money than to be underpowered. Lots of folks look only to mileage and end up with inferior vehicles, can't tow the boat for beans, but they get great mileage! That won't be one of your problems, you will be a happy camper. Nice truck!
Reply With Quote
  #4554  
Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
If you want power you got to pay to play. Better to be overpowered and spend a little gas, or diesel money than to be underpowered. Lots of folks look only to mileage and end up with inferior vehicles, can't tow the boat for beans, but they get great mileage! That won't be one of your problems, you will be a happy camper. Nice truck!
Right. I've never heard someone complain about their vehicle being over powered...
Reply With Quote
  #4555  
Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 PM
sethro's Avatar
sethro sethro is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
Location: Midwest-NW Illinois
Posts: 390
Nice looking truck, cruiser! I've got the 454 in my 99 GMC 2500. I'll bet yours likes gas as much as mine does.
Reply With Quote
  #4556  
Old 03-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Towboatcapt Towboatcapt is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Boat: 1993 Mastercraft 190 blue flake S&S, LT1 & 1990 190 351W (current project)
Location: Denver, CO/ WI
Posts: 216
My 06 F250 Super duty CC with the 6.0 diesel. and the 93 S&S with new wheels and tires from that'sMRMC.
Attached Images
 
__________________


“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.”
Reply With Quote
  #4557  
Old 03-06-2014, 08:48 PM
roadster02 roadster02 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Boat: 1991 mastercraft prostar 190
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Posts: 262
Nice! Truck and boat.
Reply With Quote
  #4558  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towboatcapt View Post
My 06 F250 Super duty CC with the 6.0 diesel. and the 93 S&S with new wheels and tires from that'sMRMC.
Looks great!!
Reply With Quote
  #4559  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Rivertrash's Avatar
Rivertrash Rivertrash is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Boat: 2014 x25 6.2
Location: Midwest
Posts: 78
Cruiser, I've had the same 8.1 Allison combo since 03. It was built to tow and drink gas. It does both well. 10 mpg loaded any speed 11 mpg unloaded driving normal. It has handled 16,000 #s like a champ in the past. Suspension is good too never wished I bought a dually. Watch out for the rusty brake lines, if they haven't been replaced that is a special kind of nervous if they pop with a load on.
Attached Images
 
__________________
There is NOTHING-- absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. K Grahame
Reply With Quote
  #4560  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertrash View Post
Cruiser, I've had the same 8.1 Allison combo since 03. It was built to tow and drink gas. It does both well. 10 mpg loaded any speed 11 mpg unloaded driving normal. It has handled 16,000 #s like a champ in the past. Suspension is good too never wished I bought a dually. Watch out for the rusty brake lines, if they haven't been replaced that is a special kind of nervous if they pop with a load on.
That's a very sharp boat.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 AM.