Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft 190 blue flake S&S, LT1 & 1990 190 351W (current project)
I was looking at tires for the trailer, When I called Discount Tire they said they do 2 Carlisle ST for $215 with a lifetime replacement. Goodyear Marathons for $260 with lifetime replacement. I've never heard of this from other tire stores on Trailer tires, so I asked again in person today and the guy said that for any reason the tire fails, if there is tread left on it they will replace it, At any discount tire in the US.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I think they have there policy on car tires and trailer tires confused.

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.”
Old 02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft 190 blue flake S&S, LT1 & 1990 190 351W (current project)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If I were putting a new wiring harness on my trailer, I would add in a second ground. Seems like 90% of all trailer light problems are from a bad ground.
Good advice!!

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.”
Old 02-28-2014, 11:50 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towboatcapt View Post
I was looking at tires for the trailer, When I called Discount Tire they said they do 2 Carlisle ST for $215 with a lifetime replacement. Goodyear Marathons for $260 with lifetime replacement. I've never heard of this from other tire stores on Trailer tires, so I asked again in person today and the guy said that for any reason the tire fails, if there is tread left on it they will replace it, At any discount tire in the US.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I think they have there policy on car tires and trailer tires confused.
Any time something sounds too good to be true...........

What size tire are you running?

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 02-28-2014, 11:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

I'm running, 215/75R14's
I don't know what to think... I may call a random discount tire in another state and ask about a replacement trailer tire under the warranty.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:

Me personally, I'd not use either brand, regardless of the warranty.

Happy and confident (hopeful) that the recently new Kumhos will serve me well. If you are so inclined to search, don't look for them from an auto supplier. Most can't get them, even if they are a Kumho dealer. I had to order mine from Tire Rack.

205/0R14 Radial 857 Trailer
$127 each = 254
No sales tax
Shipping 31.83 to TN
Total 285.83

Warranty means nothing to me. It's a disposable item to me. If it were a local buy? maybe....

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Last edited by Cloaked; 02-28-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Me personally, I'd not use either brand, regardless of the warranty.

Happy and confident (hopeful) that the recently new Kumhos will serve me well. If you are so inclined to search, don't look for them from an auto supplier. Most can't get them, even if they are a Kumho dealer. I had to order mine from Tire Rack.

205/0R14 Radial 857 Trailer
$127 each = 254
No sales tax
Shipping 31.83 to TN
Total 285.83

Warranty means nothing to me. It's a disposable item to me. If it were a local buy? maybe....

I decided to just go ahead and get new wheels and tires from ThatsmrMC, My wheels are gross and ugly. So they would have been a sore thumb on the re painted trailer.
Thanks for the advise on the Kumho tires tho. My dad runs them on his 28ft cabin cruiser.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
I decided to just go ahead and get new wheels and tires from ThatsmrMC, My wheels are gross and ugly. So they would have been a sore thumb on the re painted trailer.
Thanks for the advise on the Kumho tires tho. My dad runs them on his 28ft cabin cruiser.
Good choice. Not that you need my word of approval but you're in the right track...

Best

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 02-28-2014, 08:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Got the new harness in and the 2 rear most stop/tail/turns installed, so I will be legal to go to the welder tomorrow. I hope to finish the fenders and the rest of the lights beginning of next week.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2014, 08:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I bought my 1994 PS 190 3 years ago and was dragging the prop guard a lot. I had 2" blocks welded on the axel and now the trailer sits just right.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. I bought my 1994 PS 190 3 years ago and was dragging the prop guard a lot. I had 2" blocks welded on the axel and now the trailer sits just right.
I have casters sitting In my truck right now to weld on the back, I thought about putting blocks in but didn't cause of the time crunch having the boat off at a shop.

Tags
led, ramp-n -clamp, trailer bunks, trailer paint, wheels