Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Ballast in a TriStar

My son was complaining the the wake behind his friend's ski barge was better for wakeboarding than our Tristart Sport is. So, has anybody used the dual 750# bags, one on each side of the motor? Will the wake be much bigger? Will my boat even be able to pull these? Upgrading boats would be nice but not in the cards right now! The FlyHigh bags and Tsunami pump are $380 at Wakemakers. Is this a good price? Anywhere else I should be looking?
Old 02-11-2014, 12:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
750's won't fit next to the engine box. Try these. Be prepared....wear a helmet

http://www.wakemakers.com/straight-l...p-package.html

Or this setup

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-v...-surf-sac.html
Old 02-11-2014, 12:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks. The 540# bags are actually listed as the same dimentions. I guess the difference is cylindrical vs box shaped. I was a little concerned about 1500# of weight overloading the boat so 1080# might be a little more conservative. We are definitely amateurs!
Old 02-11-2014, 12:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Not only that, but you have to consider that the built-in Tristar swim deck will be really submerged with 1500 # of weight, and it drives like a cement truck. If you call Wakemakers, they will suggest the 540 package for any DD over the Fly High, both are perfect solutions.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristarboarder View Post
Not only that, but you have to consider that the built-in Tristar swim deck will be really submerged with 1500 # of weight, and it drives like a cement truck. If you call Wakemakers, they will suggest the 540 package for any DD over the Fly High, both are perfect solutions.
Thanks! I have no problem with paying less
Old 02-26-2014, 01:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC Tristar 190 OB, 1989
Also, a thought to consider. Adding a bunch of weight to the stern doesn't help the wake that much in making it shape well unless you counter it with weight added to the bow. I have an OB 190 so not sure what access is like in your bow, but you would be best served to add a box 'V' sack up there. I've run a 600# sack about 2/3 full in the bow and a 750# where the rear bench would be and it is definitely worth it. Be careful once the bow is loaded down... novice drivers will take waves over the nose.