Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 02-06-2014, 12:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 MasterCraft X2
If you easily want to add bluetooth I think this is the way to go:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3FJJYG/...I2MJ4SKGAWSQCP

This adapter uses AptX/BT4.0 which does not suffer from the audio compression of regular bluetooth. I have an adapter in my car for AptX/BT4.0 with my iPhone and the audio quality is fantastic. You can hard mount this and splice in the power and away you go. I'm going to wire one of these into my Clarion CMD6. The USB connection should power it (I hope) and I can get a mini to RCA adapter to have it directly connect to one of the AUX inputs on the CMD6.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
^^FM modulator tuned to a radio station?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 MasterCraft X2
No, FM modulators are horrible. You'd have better luck and audio quality with an AptX/BT4.0 adapter. That said, your phone needs to support it.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Yep! I used to do that too - about 160 MP3s fit on a CD. Now I have a 4 gig flash drive in the deck.

I think you misunderstood. There will always be a disconnect between the BT connection between the phone and the head unit, unless you have the stereo wired directly to the ACC1 or ACC2 switch.
no misunderstanding at all. As noted, remove the head-unit/stereo turn-on from the boats key switch and put it on a B+ supplied rocker. Turn boat on off with key and no effect on stereo, it remains on.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Tristar 190 Sport (Closed Bow), 351W w/ GT-40's
Just so I'm clear, there still will be an interrupt when you key the starter, right? And there is no way to avoid that (w/ single battery setup). I recently replaced the head unit with a Sony Blue tooth and rewired to the Acc switch. Like you said, turning it off and on (without starting) will not interrupt the stereo system, which is nice. However, cranking it does interrupt, at least on mine.

Coincidentally, the only reason I got the unit with BT, was so it would interrupt the music when a call is received. We tend to have the phones in the glovebox, making them hard to hear. We are frequently out on the water when the kids show up (finally) and we have to go back and pick them up. New unit is installed, but we haven't had it out yet.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOrange88 View Post
Just so I'm clear, there still will be an interrupt when you key the starter, right? And there is no way to avoid that (w/ single battery setup). I recently replaced the head unit with a Sony Blue tooth and rewired to the Acc switch. Like you said, turning it off and on (without starting) will not interrupt the stereo system, which is nice. However, cranking it does interrupt, at least on mine.

Coincidentally, the only reason I got the unit with BT, was so it would interrupt the music when a call is received. We tend to have the phones in the glovebox, making them hard to hear. We are frequently out on the water when the kids show up (finally) and we have to go back and pick them up. New unit is installed, but we haven't had it out yet.
I think you're correct on all of the above. My boat lives an hour away but I am pretty sure my stereo is wired to the ACC1 (the depth finder is to the ignition). when i turn the boat off, no interruption, when i start it up, there is an interrupt and delay while the BT reconnects.

My club members know when I stop answering texts and calls, I am at the lake. get your bot to the dock if u want a pull.

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 02-06-2014, 09:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
I bought the clarion 303.should be here next week can't wait to install.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
I bought the clarion 303.should be here next week can't wait to install.
Looks like a nice unit. The USB looks like it comes off a pig tail from the back.

post pics of install

Old 02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Yeah I seen that.wish the plug was on the face somewhere, but I have a few ideas .

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 02-06-2014, 09:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL View Post
Yeah I seen that.wish the plug was on the face somewhere, but I have a few ideas .
Resolved the same issue with this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a pigtail USB in the back of the head unit. This gets it anywhere you want.

Attached Images

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767