Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
It's difficult to tell from your pic what the issue is. Maybe a more detailed shot of the problem area? A carpet store might have some sort of welting or joiner strip in gray or a complimentary color that you could use at the seam.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Yeah, I realized that I didn't take any pics of the area I was mentioning. I'll get one up tonight.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:00 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fng_ View Post
I got the carpet replaced professionally (or so I thought) and was quiet displeased. As you can see from the pictures they only replaced the base carpet which I agreed to because they said it would be an exact match (which it isn't). Also the butting of the two pieces together is crap and already a little fraying. My fiancee says I'm over critical and it looks good but I think for $800 (I took the old carpet out) that I would get damn good results but that may be MCOCD setting in over time.

Anyone have suggestions to cover the edges between the floor and gunnels where the two different carpet pieces meet?
Take the combing pads off - 3 fasteners holding them on 2 upper deck and 2 two floor (at least mine are. Then you could replace that. Don't forget the carpet in the front in the compartments under those cushions...

Looks good from pictures. did they do the base of dog house?

No such thing about being over critical about the MC... is this the right girl for you? ... just sayin' - just kidding of course...
Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Take the combing pads off - 3 fasteners holding them on 2 upper deck and 2 two floor (at least mine are. Then you could replace that. Don't forget the carpet in the front in the compartments under those cushions...

Looks good from pictures. did they do the base of dog house?

No such thing about being over critical about the MC... is this the right girl for you? ... just sayin' - just kidding of course...
I'm not sure what the combing pads, are they the long pieces that are a few inches in of the gunnels that go from the back to front seat?

The dog house was reupholstered with new carpet two years ago and looks great.

My fiancee is a great driver and doesn't question the amount of time I spend on the boat plus she looks pretty good so I can overlook a few of her short-comings
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ostcount=11817

I'll post a pic of the edges tonight.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what the combing pads, are they the long pieces that are a few inches in of the gunnels that go from the back to front seat?

The dog house was reupholstered with new carpet two years ago and looks great.

My fiancee is a great driver and doesn't question the amount of time I spend on the boat plus she looks pretty good so I can overlook a few of her short-comings
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ostcount=11817

I'll post a pic of the edges tonight.
The combing pads are the vinyl cushion things on the sides of the boat. 2011 pics.. ok.. a keeper..
Old 02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Here is a pic of the area that upsets me most. Is there anything I can do to cover up the two carpet edges.

Has anyone used a heat gun to prevent carpet fraying from continuing?

MikeG, yeah 2011 pics cause shortly after that she got a ring and an extra 200 lbs... just couldn't find anything else that was handy.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2014, 08:54 PM

-
Old 02-06-2014, 09:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Here is a pic of the area that upsets me most. Is there anything I can do to cover up the two carpet edges.

Has anyone used a heat gun to prevent carpet fraying from continuing?

MikeG, yeah 2011 pics cause shortly after that she got a ring and an extra 200 lbs... just couldn't find anything else that was handy.
Heat gun will do nothing for that.

I have seen that setup with a bottom piece in there a bit off the floor right along the carpet lines. the 93 model has it. It will cover nicely and should be an easy fit with a piece of ply board and some carpet.

As far as the carpet, use some plumber's glue (comes with a brush on the lid, inside the bottle) and dab it along the edges enough to 'sear' the edges. Once its dry, it's a done deal. You're going to cover that anyway with the small piece of ply board...
Attached Images

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post

I have seen that setup with a bottom piece in there a bit off the floor right along the carpet lines. the 93 model has it. It will cover nicely and should be an easy fit with a piece of ply board and some carpet.

As far as the carpet, use some plumber's glue (comes with a brush on the lid, inside the bottle) and dab it along the edges enough to 'sear' the edges. Once its dry, it's a done deal. You're going to cover that anyway with the small piece of ply board...
good point cloaked -- I can do this in my 95 as well -- awesome cloaked!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post

Excellent idea! Cloaked that's two threads you've helped me out, thanks!