Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Humanoid Butter Stick???

Anybody familiar with the Humanoid line of wakesurfers? Specifically, I found a good deal on a 4'8" Humanoid Butter Stick.

My previous boards include the 4'8" Hyperlite Broadcast and the 4'6" Ronix Koal Illuminati (I loved this board but an interstate mishap resulted in some serious road rash).

Any thoughts/experience with the Humanoid Butter Stick itself and/or how it would compare to my previous boards would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
You will like the Humanoid butterstick. Nice surf/skim style board. Kind of a hybrid board. I have the Humanoid Flux as my "beginners" board. And I love it. I actually love anything Humanoid so I'm biased but go ahead and get that board. APPROVED!!

It at least is glass with Futures fin boxes.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
Thanks for the feedback Traxx. Good to hear from someone with experience with the brand. Everything from all the specs and design of their boards looked great but haven't personally heard of them myself.

I'm no pro but do like to attempt some spins and hopefully some jumps this season. Really looking forward to see how it rides.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '96 Prostar 205
So did you end up getting this board? Im looking to get my first board and right now this looks like a pretty good deal price wise. I'm 5'10" 165lbs. The other boards in my price range I have been considering are the Ronix Marshmellow Thrasher and the Ronix Cortez. Anyone have any opinions on these?
Acme 541
PerfectPass Stargazer Wakeboard Edition
Old 06-23-2014, 10:33 PM
MC Devotee

Sounds to me like you're looking for a surf style board. The butterstick is more a skim board. If you are looking for your first board you can not go wrong with the Flux. It's the type of board you will never get rid of because 99% of people who try it no matter their weight can get up on it and ride and have a great time. The Flux has never left my boat.

If you get it, it comes with some cheap 2.5" fins, PM me and I'll send yah some free futures f4's. I have a few extra sets. That will wake the board up.

I would also suggest the Doomswell BigStep. These guys are in Texas, price will be higher because they are custom but you will be suprised they arent as expensive as some other brands like Ronix. Let's face it, we ride some pretty puny waves behind our boats compared to the ocean. And nobody makes a better angle buster wave board than a 3rd coast shaper imho if you are looking for a great custom beginner board call Doomswell.

Check out Humanoids wake's ropes, vests, bindings, wakeboards, parkboards etc. They are all top notch and the best out there imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 10:37 PM
MC Devotee

Oh also check out their subnamed company super shred bros. Yiu likely have to sign up. There is also an app for super sgred bros for humanoid comunity riding vid sharing, tips, trick help, etc etc. Mostly Humanoid is who replys. Likely to get a pro to respond as well, like Chris O Shea etc. Which is pretty darn cool to get personal tips from pros. The site mostly sells new last year model stock at super deep discount pricing. Good luck with the search.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '96 Prostar 205
Traxx822....thanks for the information! I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Flux. How is the durability of this board? Thanks for the offer on the fins. I'll let you know when I get it.
Acme 541
PerfectPass Stargazer Wakeboard Edition
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 AM
MC Devotee

It's just as durable as any other fiberglass surf board. I don't take any special extra care of mine.

Tags
humanoid, hyperlite, ronix, surf, wakesurf