Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Ive got a question for you Canadians, is American football a big thing in Canada?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:31 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
I think the Colts are doing great without Manning.

and the broco's werent doing bad with orton tebow or jake the snake...

if you've ever played football, it takes 11. not 1, not 2, not 3. if one guy falls down the QB gets nailed. If one guy falls down, a td pass is caught.

the 49ers got lucky to have 2 badass QBs back to back, the same way the packers did with favre and rogers.

not to take anything away from russel wilson, i think he's a badass, but the seahawks are so good, they could have put anyone at the helm and won.

Montana and young as well as favre and rogers are all badasses

recognize it.
Yea, the Colts did great the year he went down with his neck injury.

Young was a 'badass' and was better than montana because he was a better athlete, not only that, but both of them were in SF for 13 years. 3 of those overlapped where Young was the back-up and montana only had 5000 more yards passing than Young.

Russel Wilson is nothing special. He is a good/average QB that makes few mistakes and I'm happy for his victory. And he is from the Big 10.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 02-05-2014, 02:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Ive got a question for you Canadians, is American football a big thing in Canada?
Not from Canada, but I think their Hockey is what Football is to us for the most part.

I think it is off how many Americans know Canadian geography and when I run into Canadians very few know much America geography FWIW.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Yea, the Colts did great the year he went down with his neck injury.

Young was a 'badass' and was better than montana because he was a better athlete, not only that, but both of them were in SF for 13 years. 3 of those overlapped where Young was the back-up and montana only had 5000 more yards passing than Young.

Russel Wilson is nothing special. He is a good/average QB that makes few mistakes and I'm happy for his victory. And he is from the Big 10.
Arguing sports, boats or politics with you is worse than trying to get a point across to my ex wife - futile. You guys would have been perfect for each other!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 02-05-2014, 04:58 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
Not from Canada, but I think their Hockey is what Football is to us for the most part.

I think it is off how many Americans know Canadian geography and when I run into Canadians very few know much America geography FWIW.
Sorry, but you're nuts. Canadians take American history in school, you guys sure as heck don't take Canadian. I know Americans that don't know crap about their own country. Ever watch jeopardy? I've heard an American answer the question "what is the capital of Canada" with Ontario. These are supposed to be bright people on the show. I've also seen Leno do his street interviews and heard Americans that know squat about the USA. If they don't know about where they live, I'll go out on a limb and guess they don't know squat about Canada.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:01 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Yes. There is a huge following up here. I know lots that make annual trips down to see multiple games in a weekend, like a Browns game on Sunday and Steelers for Monday nighter.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 PS 190 TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Sorry, but you're nuts. Canadians take American history in school, you guys sure as heck don't take Canadian. I know Americans that don't know crap about their own country. Ever watch jeopardy? I've heard an American answer the question "what is the capital of Canada" with Ontario. These are supposed to be bright people on the show. I've also seen Leno do his street interviews and heard Americans that know squat about the USA. If they don't know about where they live, I'll go out on a limb and guess they don't know squat about Canada.
I agree, you will find some stupid Americans that is for sure. I guess I have had to explain where "roughly in the US is Colorado" too many times at resorts.

Was I right on the Hockey being like our Football is to us?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskifreak View Post
I agree, you will find some stupid Americans that is for sure. I guess I have had to explain where "roughly in the US is Colorado" too many times at resorts.

Was I right on the Hockey being like our Football is to us?
For the most part. There are lots that pay little to no attention to the nhl though, and lots follow the nfl religiously. Fantasy football is huge up here.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:01 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
For the most part. There are lots that pay little to no attention to the nhl though, and lots follow the nfl religiously. Fantasy football is huge up here.
Does the Gray Cup compare to the Super Bowl?

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbymgr View Post
Does the Gray Cup compare to the Super Bowl?
Grey Cup.

And if the Riders are in the Cup, its a darn big deal up here, but not the Superbowl.