Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 01-27-2014, 11:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Dash project

So its time for my next project , my dash . I purchased a used gauge cluster off of e-bay and spent the better portion of today stripping the upholstery off of it and sanding it smooth as I plan on having it hydro dipped in a burl wood grain finish . The parts I want to do are the cluster , the filler w/12 volt outlet and the breaker/switch panel . I had to repair several small areas in the dash and one corner with epoxy this went smooth and I primer surfacer'd it today and will sand down on Tuesday . The question I have revolves around the breaker/switch panel . It is obviously labeled and those are going bye bye and I need to find a source for new ones . I looked at overtons and west marine and they have small labels but look somewhat cheesy . I have thought about taking it to a vinyl shop afterward but not sure something that small can be done . I know its originally silk screened but I am using a local for the hydro dip and he doesn't do that . Anyone out there got a solution ? I am attaching a picture of the breaker panel and the cluster .
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2014, 11:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by atihanyi View Post
.......... The question I have revolves around the breaker/switch panel ...... Anyone out there got a solution ? I am attaching a picture of the breaker panel and the cluster .
There is a guy here on the forum that will cut and label new panels like this. He has done several for folks here. Does good work...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47926

Your check is in the mail.........

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
+ 2 gweaver is on thus forum, does great work, he did some for my Tristar to my custom specs and it turned out great. Do a search on "dash panels prostar" or something like that. Has his info, lots of pics of various models, and reviews....good pricing too
Old 01-27-2014, 11:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Just got a panel from weaver...nicely done! !

...Looking forward to finishing my install, soon as our weather gets out out the teens...
Old 01-28-2014, 10:20 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
There is a guy here on the forum that will cut and label new panels like this. He has done several for folks here. Does good work...

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=47926

Your check is in the mail.........

just sent him a pm hopefully he can help . gauges are packaged and ready to ship . Doubt I will go out today as it is currently 20 below but will ship in the next day or two
Old 01-28-2014, 02:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Atihanyi- PM sent.

Cloaked, Tristarboarder, TN Skier- thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the support and referral.

Greg
Old 01-30-2014, 01:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 08 ProStar197
atihanyi
I have been trying to locate an extra dash for my 93 so that we could make a mold and be able to reproduce them. Would you be willing to loan us your dash to make the mold?
Thanks
Dave