Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 10-05-2013, 11:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
No big deal... Life rolls on. Thanks for the thought. Just sharing my experience with a supplier....

What excuse did they give you for not honoring the warranty?
Old 10-05-2013, 11:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by fskof View Post
What excuse did they give you for not honoring the warranty?
They lost and reconfigured their computer system in 2009. I had one Tender replaced since then and one day two went out within a week............ fast forward..... They accused me of buying junkers and sending them to be refurbished. Since they did not have records of the original sales, no warranty. Beats all I have ever heard. So I told them I had the original sales receipt and that was not good enough. I scanned to a PDF and sent the records to them. Sticking to their reason.... their new system did not acknowledge the customer order number of the old receipts, so no warranty.Even with the evidence of the old records. In my opinion, it was some boob that was in a bad mood... fast forward.... I ratted them out to the BBB and that made them more angry, so the BBB put a ding on them, as I sent the same evidence to the BBB. ...regardless, it's no big deal.... If that's all I have to get wrapped around the axle about, I'm good... just too bad about the situation because I did like their products...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-06-2013, 12:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
They lost and reconfigured their computer system in 2009. I had one Tender replaced since then and one day two went out within a week............ fast forward..... They accused me of buying junkers and sending them to be refurbished. Since they did not have records of the original sales, no warranty. Beats all I have ever heard. So I told them I had the original sales receipt and that was not good enough. I scanned to a PDF and sent the records to them. Sticking to their reason.... their new system did not acknowledge the customer order number of the old receipts, so no warranty.Even with the evidence of the old records. In my opinion, it was some boob that was in a bad mood... fast forward.... I ratted them out to the BBB and that made them more angry, so the BBB put a ding on them, as I sent the same evidence to the BBB. ...regardless, it's no big deal.... If that's all I have to get wrapped around the axle about, I'm good... just too bad about the situation because I did like their products...

WOW that sucks! I would be pissed!
I do remember reading in the newspaper that there was some Chinese company making fake copies and selling them on ebay and amazon that would go out after 3 weeks.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
I got in two ski runs today. Early morning and late afternoon. Makes everything good...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-07-2013, 03:29 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I use a Schumacher charger with the old analog gauge on the float setting for a couple of days at winterization. Once I'm topped off, I disconnect the charger. Battery switch is always off when the boat is in the garage. Top it off again in the spring.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 x star
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
Step up to an installed charger like Guest /Marinco and maintain your batteries properly though out the entire year.

Another option either installed or mobile is the CTEK 7002 or others in their line. http://smartercharger.com/battery-chargers/
More advanced charging and desulfation capabilities.

Battery Tender / trickle chargers are old technology and low power.
Batteries are a big investment and while something is better than nothing, there are better products that can significantly increase battery life.
im looking at this charger due to the fact i got a gift card to place that sells them and just wondering if this will be a good fit for me. the place has it on for 139.99. will this also work good as an all purpose charger or just strictly for a boat? thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 10:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyluv View Post
im looking at this charger due to the fact i got a gift card to place that sells them and just wondering if this will be a good fit for me. the place has it on for 139.99. will this also work good as an all purpose charger or just strictly for a boat? thanks
That model has 120 5 star ratings on Amazon, so it must work really well. I use the Optima 400 and would highly recommend it as well. They are not just for boats.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-9 05
Dual Battery maintainer for me
Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyluv View Post
Sorry I cant say specifically if it is a good fit since I don't know/remember your battery bank size. The 7002 outputs 7amp and is spec'ed to charge banks between 14-150 amp hour. Generally, if you have more than two batteries, I would charge them independently with a 7002. They make more powerful units however.

Regardless if it is your primary charger, I do like it for doing a maintenance charge over all my batteries independently, twice a year. No scientific proof it helps.

$140 sounds high compared to the $105 I paid off Amazon in May 2012 but I see Amazon is now at $135 so maybe Ctek has raised prices substantially. You also have that Canadian factor
Old 01-25-2014, 10:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
+1 for Ctek. Battery is in the basement. Plug in the Ctek once a month for a day. Great results so far.