Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Nick911's Avatar
Nick911 Nick911 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,251
I've never went more than stock for Wakeboaring. 9 people probably an extra 1500 lbs max. It would be sick with 3000 lbs or more.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 11-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Tristarboarder's Avatar
Tristarboarder Tristarboarder is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Boat: 2002 Xstar
Location: Northwest
Posts: 983
This last Summer I went to a professional wake tournament, and ran into some guys at a local booth promoting their (my alum) school and their collegiate wakeboard team. I was talking with them, asking where they ride etc, and what tow boat they used. They said the school was sponsored with a '13 Xstar, but they had access to a '13 G23. They said hands down the SAN was such a better wakeboat, and that the wake was superior to the star. I thought it was an interesting opinion. Those pics above, it is hard to argue. I said before, and I'll say it again...the wake of the G is super sweet, but damn its ugly...still, that wake is money
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 11-22-2013, 01:41 AM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
That's pretty large also!
That's what she said.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
CumberlandXstar CumberlandXstar is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: Mastercraft X-Star 2004 MCX
Location: Midwest
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristarboarder View Post
This last Summer I went to a professional wake tournament, and ran into some guys at a local booth promoting their (my alum) school and their collegiate wakeboard team. I was talking with them, asking where they ride etc, and what tow boat they used. They said the school was sponsored with a '13 Xstar, but they had access to a '13 G23. They said hands down the SAN was such a better wakeboat, and that the wake was superior to the star. I thought it was an interesting opinion. Those pics above, it is hard to argue. I said before, and I'll say it again...the wake of the G is super sweet, but damn its ugly...still, that wake is money
Did you go to Tennessee? I was the club president back in 2005 - 2007.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 11-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Tristarboarder's Avatar
Tristarboarder Tristarboarder is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Boat: 2002 Xstar
Location: Northwest
Posts: 983
Naw, less cool.......Central Washington University
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Aric'sX15's Avatar
Aric'sX15 Aric'sX15 is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Boat: 85' S&S
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 4,913
Hey im the North Texas wake team prez! Haha
__________________
"if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
WakeRider107 WakeRider107 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2012 Nautique 230 TE
Location: midwest
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
You could start by telling us about the Quality build of your Supra ?
It's a piece of crap! I almost lemon-lawed it.
Which is exactly why I bought a new 230 a year and a half ago. Guess I should update my profile.
And yes I found it neccessary to revive an old thread to respond to that.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 01-21-2014, 03:27 PM
aquaman's Avatar
aquaman aquaman is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Location: At the Helm
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeRider107 View Post
It's a piece of crap! I almost lemon-lawed it.
Which is exactly why I bought a new 230 a year and a half ago. Guess I should update my profile.
And yes I found it neccessary to revive an old thread to respond to that.

Good for you.

And thanks for the update !
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 01-22-2014, 09:07 AM
FourFourty's Avatar
FourFourty FourFourty is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Location: Northeast
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Here's my X25 with stock plus 8 or 9 people. Don't mind my poor form. I'm 5'11 for reference.
That is tiny!!!, And you must be doing 32 MPH to have an X25 wake that clean. Don't add any weight to that thing, in fact, fill the ballast bags with helium and maybe you can wakeboard under 30 MPH.


Oops, thought I was on WW.



Back to serious-

IronJ- Do you have plans to ride the G21 soon? I would be interested in your comparison to the stock wake on the G23. I am familiar with the G23 wake, and want the opinion of someone who really shreds these wakes...... Also, you seem to have mostly unbiased opinions on the subject of wakes.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 01-22-2014, 09:40 AM
WakeRider107 WakeRider107 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2012 Nautique 230 TE
Location: midwest
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
IronJ- Do you have plans to ride the G21 soon? I would be interested in your comparison to the stock wake on the G23. I am familiar with the G23 wake, and want the opinion of someone who really shreds these wakes...... Also, you seem to have mostly unbiased opinions on the subject of wakes.
I'm sure ironj will chime in soon enough, but I can give you my opinion after driving and riding behind both.

Stock vs stock, I prefer the G21.
Reason being is the G21 has a lip similar to the 210/230.
Both stock wakes are similar in height and transition length, but the peak of the G21 gives a really nice boot straight up, which is my preference since I came from the steep supra wakes and now a 230.
Both G wakes are about equally wide also.

Now since no one has loaded a G21 besides the pros, we'll have to wait and see how that boat handles extra weight. The general consensous from the nautique pros is that the G23 is bigger when slammed, which makes sense.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.