Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I've had a tower cover design in mind for several years, but just have never gotten to it. I don't think we are doing another 1200 road trip with the boat this year, but I am definitely going to have one made next winter, so I am ready for the next road trip.
Hmmm. You have anybody in mind to do the work?
Old 03-28-2016, 06:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Are the speakersox extreme necessary? I has a set of these a long time ago on my Malibu and Im looking to get something for my X23 to protect my tower speakers when the tower is down and I'm using the snap on cover. They rub a bit on the bottom so I want something that will handle that because right now I'm using a towel when I tow...
Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
My 25 sits in the dock. It's an extreme necessity to have them for the speakers and the racks due to spiders and dirt.

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 03-28-2016, 06:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '08 X14
I just got some that are the extreme material, I've never handled the regular ones. I don't think the material is very thick, much thinner than I expected. Glad I went extreme, the regular must be very thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2016, 10:37 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
My 25 sits in the dock. It's an extreme necessity to have them for the speakers and the racks due to spiders and dirt.

The covers will be used specifically for towing. When my boat is on the lift I use my over the tower cover and nothing gets in the boat.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I have swivel Rev 8's that I put on when I get to the dock, and take down when I tow home. Kind of a PITA, but they are in perfect condition. I transfer them in the original shipping box with styrofoam from Wetsounds on the way to /from the lake...MCOCD baby!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:50 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
The covers will be used specifically for towing. When my boat is on the lift I use my over the tower cover and nothing gets in the boat.
Oh then nah. You're good. Just tow with the tower down. If I had an over tower cover I wouldn't bother.

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 05-17-2016, 09:36 AM
MC Devotee

Just ordered a set of SpeakerSox last night. I sent Jim an email to ask about shipping cause we're taking the boat on a trip and he shipped them out last night and upgraded me the order to two day shipping. Awesome customer service. Can't wait to get them on the tower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2016, 10:50 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2006 20' Vdrive
Lots of speakersox love here. I think the company is great, good service, and so on... but for what you get those things are pretty pricey. They're basically the same thing a motorcycle helmet come packaged in, but they cost a lot more. For 60 bucks for the pair, I was expecting some kind of nice neoprene custom fit covers. These are just a light netting with a pullstring on them. They don't even wrap around the entire top side of my Rev10's.

I think they're nice, and they'll keep the bugs off, but they're not my favorite purchase by any means.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:57 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Lots of speakersox love here. I think the company is great, good service, and so on... but for what you get those things are pretty pricey. They're basically the same thing a motorcycle helmet come packaged in, but they cost a lot more. For 60 bucks for the pair, I was expecting some kind of nice neoprene custom fit covers. These are just a light netting with a pullstring on them. They don't even wrap around the entire top side of my Rev10's.

I think they're nice, and they'll keep the bugs off, but they're not my favorite purchase by any means.
I had them a while ago on my Malibu. Lucky with my MC I tow with the tower down and usually use my snap-on cover. The cover rubs on the speakers so I really just want them to prevent them from rubbing the paint off the speakers. I don't really have to deal with bugs which I like theses are more for protecting from the cover.